Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

advice from you older guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 12:28 AM
5th Gear
Default advice from you older guys

well older than me at least. there is a REALLY sick deal on this turbo setup right now. im gona have to spend 2500, but i'll make 1000 back selling the parts i dont need. 1500 for a full garrett setup, i would have to be crazy to pass this up. my only problem is, i dont have the cash to buy this. i got maybe 2 g's left in the bank, but i currently dont have a job and need to pay rent and bills. so what i was thinking is i would get a credit card. i have one now but my mom co-signed it so its connected to hers so i cant spend anything out of it (and i dont want her finding out i bought this). that would mean i would have to start searching for a job immeadiately. if i have to get a 6-7 bucks an hour job, oh well. but how much would i have to pay off a month? i know it varies by the card, but a ballpark figure is all im lookin for. also whats is everyones opinion on the different companies and which is best? thanks for any help

Old 10-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Default RE: advice from you older guys

Minimum payments would be approximately 3-5% of the balance. If you don't have a card that is in your own name, try to get one. But, you have to have some sort of income. I know most colleges have credit card offers posted in hallways targeted to college students with limited income... just to get students started on their credit histories. But, be careful... don't spend your whole credit line in one place. All credit card companies are pretty much the same... just go with one that has no annual fee, and the smallest APR.

IMO... get a job first, then get the CC

Old 10-25-2007, 12:54 AM
5th Gear

well i would be getting a job ASAP if i got the card. but i gotta get the card now to get this deal. and i would use this card to purchase the turbo and thats it. i wouldn't use it again until i completely paid it off

Old 10-25-2007, 01:00 AM

You could try, but I don't think credit card companies would want to offer credit to someone who doesn't have any income (a means to pay the credit card company back).

Old 10-25-2007, 02:22 AM
Senior Administrator

Some REAL advice would be to NOT break your back for a "deal." If you have to lie, cheat, and steal to get a deal, it ain't worth it, IMO.

"Once in a lifetime" deals tend to happen more than once in a lifetime, IMO-II

Get the job, first (NOW)! THEN, if the deal is still there, it was meant for you to take advantage of, IMO-III

SICK wheels, nice DIY on the paint, IMO-IV

Old 10-25-2007, 03:05 AM

Well said, Troy.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:22 AM
5th Gear

but if i miss this deal, i will end up paying over double. which means waiting quite a long time until i can do this. and i have about a 2 grand buffer sitting in my bank account just in case. in all honesty as soon as i sell the clutch and fmic i'll have enough in the bank to cover the entire credit card bill. so technically as long as i get a job in the next 6 months i wont go broke. i'll just have to quit smoking bud. and thats a sacrifice i can make for over 300whp

Old 10-25-2007, 03:51 AM
Administrator

get the job first.. that way you dont break the bank.. trust me on this, you will need that 2 grand laying around after you go Big turbo.. especially if this is your only ride. You never know if something will go wrong with install or after the fact, and would suck to have to come up with money to get your car fixed.. and you cant go to work to get the money because you dont have a ride

Old 10-25-2007, 04:06 AM
5th Gear

the turbo won't be going in for a while regardless. gotta get new rods and software and not gona dish out any more cash until i put a serious dent in the bill and i have a steady job. i just wana pick the turbo up now since i can get it for so much cheaper

Old 10-25-2007, 07:16 AM
Senior Administrator

Well, all you asked is for advice, and we gave what we had.

The choice is STILL up to you, right.

Keep us posted.

We'll support you whichever way you go...

You know we love you like the brother we never wanted, true...

Keep us posted

Quick Reply: advice from you older guys