Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Advice for an 18-year-old...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 08:45 PM

If you want to try to teach to him about credit, I'd say get him a credit card with a low spending limit and have him make a couple small purchases on that card. Just to give him a feeling of what it's like to use a card and pay for it.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:10 PM
5th Gear

Send him to live with Soul23, he obviously knowledgeable in the ways of the world.

Otherwise, what worked for Jazz?

You APPEAR to have your **** together, how'd this kid turn out so different?

Old 06-13-2012, 04:48 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by soul23
Were is the Audi in this?? Were here to help with audis not what to do with Ur annoying brother .. get him ******* laid n a job.. then he hr less of a problem.
this.
get him laid and then tell him nobody is going to want to sleep with a loser. that'll convince him to either go to cc or get a job. or both..

Old 06-13-2012, 05:34 PM
1st Gear

Yeah.. bring em here ill teach em.. since u can't.. ill be his "big brother".. n see this guy up above knows what in talking bout. U guys are ****** that go by the book.. live a little ****

Old 06-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Site Moderator

The main thing is to make sure he hangs with friends who are good people. That's a huge start. Bad crowd equals bad situations. I taught my brother by example. He was into some stupid **** when he was younger, til I had to get him out of a bad situation. Now my bro has a house, 2 kids and a wife and doing great for himself.

Yeah.. bring em here ill teach em.. since u can't.. ill be his "big brother".. n see this guy up above knows what in talking bout. U guys are ****** that go by the book.. live a little ****
Obviously, soul has no life-experience or he would understand that you can either live a little as a dickboy loser, or take the time to be a responsible and educated person, and then live a LOT.

It would also help if you can spell and create coherent sentences so that you can convey what you are talking about.

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
Eat a BAG OF DICKS! ...
And I LOLed at this.

Last edited by brrman; 06-13-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:04 PM
1st Gear

Yeah no life experience what so ever.. Sory i don't prance around like a pretentious *** hole in the forums and pretend I'm all educated and socially perfect.. like i said n.say it again... Bunch of Pussies.. he will make his own way.. I don't mean to brag but I'm.shure I've done way more than u *****.. with my salary coming it a 5 figures a year. N in only 25 yeah I'm shure I've lived a little and can.still live alot.. well looks like being a Dick boy.. lol can get u far. If that's what u guys are consider me.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:10 PM
Senior Administrator

So, those here who know me I am sure know why I posted the question... For those that don't know me, I'm more or less reading your comments as background noise.

He's a half-brother who grew up under a Father (who was also MY father) who tried to get it right, one last time and did somewhat better, finally.

It's been over 30 years since *I* was 18, and although I remain cute and child-like, lo these many years down the line, I am not going to pretend I can easily equate MY life and current philosophy into 18-year-old speak/understanding.

Get him laid? Rilly? How about I instead teach him how to become a Man in his own right? One that Women will want to throw themselves at (much as they currently do ME)... How about teaching him how to manage not just his money but his LIFE? Something our father either didn't or couldn't get through to him... How about I show him that hard work and dedication mean just as much as a college education? Something the crowd he hung with back in GA had no clue about...

So, if any have either funny (so far = 0), or constructive (thank you Brian... Where You been, old Son? Ain't seen you around much, these parts, lately... What You, still crusin the A4 section for unattached Wemens?!?!? Give it up, yer too fugly!) offerings, by all means, share. Even if you don't, I have no intention of interfering with your right to show what an assmunch you are.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:28 PM
1st Gear

Good luck with it bro. N yeah Ur right about one thing. A 30 + year old wouldn't have so much input on a 18 yr old. Life is what he or you will make it.. u can't stop it. If he likes ******* around n getting in trouble that's what he will do until he gets him self in a hole. Soon he will realise what life consist of and what he needs to live n be successful. Other than that. Mostly loom out for him n don't push him too hard. I'm shure he will be fine.. like I said leaders lead by example.. its why im at where I am today. loving living life. Peace

Old 06-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
thank you Brian... Where You been, old Son? Ain't seen you around much, these parts, lately... What You, still crusin the A4 section for unattached Wemens?!?!? Give it up, yer too fugly!
LOL! I been around, Jazz. I just don't post so much anymore. Life is hectic these days. I found my woman and attached her. So no more cruisin the A4 section for unattached wemens! I still have two A4's, so I imagine I am still allowed in there, mang! Now if the avant would just stop breaking the f*ck down (or rather if my wife would stop banging into **** with it) I could relax a little.
Originally Posted by soul23
i don't prance around like a pretentious *** hole in the forums and pretend I'm all educated and socially perfect.. like i said n.say it again... .
No, I agree you definitely do not do that.

Soul does have one point though - it often takes a moment of reckoning before a guy is willing to change his stripes. Now, you haven't said if your brother is already going down that road, or if you just are wanting to just give him a brotherly nudge away from it in the right direction. Either way, if you are thinking about him then it means your bro has a better chance than many.

Last edited by brrman; 06-13-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Senior Administrator

Well, from what dad says he's been hangin with a shiftless crowd; but, that was down in GA, where there wasn't much else to do in rural 'Mericuh. Only time will tell, here in D.C.. I'm hoping his game is as good as he talks, and he really does want to become something... You know me, I'll help when and where I can, but I know (and YOU know I know) we ALL have to stand on our own two feet, eventually.

Quick Reply: Advice for an 18-year-old...