Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Advice for an 18-year-old...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Senior Administrator
Default Advice for an 18-year-old...

So, my baby brother is staying with me now. And will, for as long as he doesn't pi$$ me completely off. Toward sthat end, if any of you 19+ year-olds have any advice to pass on to my 18-year-old brother, feel free to post here.

I'm planning (hoping?) to:
A) Get him enrolled in teh local Community College.
B) Get him a job working as a Registered Security Officer, in the local area.
C) Teach him some good financial habits.
D) Eventually kick him out on his own, once he can stand on his own two feet.

OR:
A) Frog-march his *** down to the recruiting station, and...
B) Be done with him (this, if he turns out to be a bag-O-d1cl<s)

Or:
A) Put him on a bs back to Dad's tender-loving antipathy.
B) (see "B," above)

Old 06-10-2012, 11:29 AM
1st Gear

Were is the Audi in this?? Were here to help with audis not what to do with Ur annoying brother .. get him ******* laid n a job.. then he hr less of a problem.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by soul23
Were is the Audi in this?? Were here to help with audis not what to do with Ur annoying brother .. get him ******* laid n a job.. then he hr less of a problem.
Eat a BAG OF DICKS! This is the "Off-Topic" section. And, learn how to "talk" to people or I'll solve that little problem for you.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

I'm lazy to type sue me.. !! N if Ur a moderator hook him up with Ur job.. or get his *** to do that as a hobby to stop bugging u n prevent u from starting " life crisis" stupid threads. . Lmao.. all butt hurt.. haha

Old 06-10-2012, 07:04 PM
1st Gear

If you're too lazy to type, than why are you taking the effort to post in a topic you obviously don't care about or have any valuable input. Just GTFO soul. You're probably a 20 year old virgin that doesn't know **** about girls, cars, or having a ****** job since you still suck your Dad's dick for your weekly allowance. Which he only gives you because of how bad he feels about how pathetic you turned out.

Anyways, as for the OP, I'd say give it a fair shot and try to hook him up, but take it in stride too. Don't try to rush everything on him at once or he'll get overwhelmed and turn into the bag of dicks you don't wanna deal with. Only get him enrolled into college if he's really gonna work on it too. College isn't always a necessity to have a good/successful life anymore. And him going there for a BS degree isn't gonna put him any further ahead in a market that sucks. As for the military thing, I highly advise against that as well. To me, the military isn't something you should use to get yourself out of a shitty situation or because you have no other options. I spent 4 years in the Marine Corps infantry and got out. After a little while I started to miss it, so I went back. I'm Marine Corps Reserve now, but thats due to all the manpower cutbacks. But when I first went, it was because I felt like doing a service for my country. Not because there was nothing else to do. You could always sign him up at a work placement thing. Then he could try a couple different jobs there and see what he likes. Would definitely make the job hunting a lot easier. But all that is just my 2 cents.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Administrator

^ You're my new BFF.

I'm sure Jazz knows what's up with the military. He's a service man him self.

I feel like you should sit and talk to him first. Ask him what he wants out of life. It will be pretty pointless for him to go to CC if that's not what he wants.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:46 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

redo your list. move C to A. rethink A completely. not saying its a complete waste of time, but maybe not right away. let him get his feet wet and see what is involved in paying his own way. keep him out of the credit nightmare (or have him talk to me and I'll explain what it is like to have 6 figure income and have to live paycheck to paycheck cuz you made shitty decisions at a young age).

have him take some time and find where his interests lie. if he can learn to make a living doing something he enjoys, he will be much happier.

there is always the "ignore females, acquire currency" approach. I'm old enough to really appreciate that advice. wish I had listened when someone told me essentially the same thing 20 some years ago

Old 06-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Administrator

I'm more of the "acquire females, make her pay for you" type. Maybe he should start doing this too. It's works out great for me.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:24 PM
1st Gear

Pshh he's 18 no matter what he's making his own decisions or not.. **** bitches make money.. I stay in California were everything is possible.. I get money dumb *** I hold my own **** I pay my parents living in Mexico I got mi own house hence why I got an Audi I keep up with ny ****.. eventually he will make his own decision lead example.. eventually he will.do what he likes and wants can't mold him. I'd say U suck Ur own dads Dick ******* daddys boy. @ the guy who replied to me. Anyways. Like the guy two post above me said let him do his thing n explore for god sakes kids 18 he doesn't know what the **** he wants.. he will soon find out.. get him a job or do u see college potential on him. Those are the main choices shouldn't be that hard.. n the only thing that's gonna be hard o. Him is if u push him to be something he doesn't.. don't be that person. Let him flow n when u see red flags get his attention going on it. Ur the one hes gotta look up to.. u don't want him to be like his dead best friends. Or are u not the goof example to.put on him.. trust every one knows right from wrong and u can't prevent that.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:42 PM
4th Gear

Teach him about credit. Some many young people these days are totally clueless as to how to manage finances. Its almost scary.

Quick Reply: Advice for an 18-year-old...