Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Acura RSX

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 10:08 AM
4th Gear
Default Acura RSX

Yeah.. I just got a car... but you CAN'T get a car and not be looking for a new one... right?

k.. options
> I'll be looking for an Audi 1.8TQM... obviously... but I've been thinking...
> drop a 200hp SVT V6 into my current machine (if you don't already know what it is... it doesn't matter... it'll spank anything you guys can pull out IF I do this AND supercharge it) (AWD is also a modding option for this car FROM Ford Racing)
> or a Acura RSX (don't know anything on the models, this one JUST sprung on me today... er... last night which has been blurred into today...)

other than those 3... i have no interest in any other options really...
so... don't suggest anything else, I just don't care

anyway, there's gotta be someone on here that knows their sh*t when it comes to Hondas, so... fill me with your knowledge of this absolutely fantastic car. Oh, and it HAS to be the pre-facelift. They pussied it out with the facelift, just doesn't do anything for me anymore. So if i'm missing some uber engine... though, maybe I'll drop it in someday. or... maaaaybe even a V6 in the RSX? mmmmm

Old 08-15-2005, 03:59 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Acura RSX

stop considering all these sh!tty cars you sh!tty person! step away from the RSX, and step into a nice B5.

EDIT: btw, spence, where the hell have you been lately?

Old 08-15-2005, 05:43 PM

yes come on you do need to get into a A4 it has been long enough already

where have you been BTW

Old 08-15-2005, 06:37 PM
5th Gear

haha, yeah I'd go b5 over the RSX -- although you are right, the RSX is a fantastic car... in some ways. It is uber reliable, and likely pretty fun to boot around in... it has 200 hp, and a 6 spd gearbox (honda gearboxes are AWESOME). My only issue with damned v-tech is that it has NO TORQUE AT ALL... I think the RSX has like 130 pounds of it ir something... its seriously hurtin!

I drove an integra type R, which should be a bit faster than the RSX due to weight differences... and it was a DOG unless you were above 4000 RPM, and obviously didnt show its strength until about 5500+ RPM when v-tech kicks in...

Choosing between the RSX and the A4 would depend on money... I'd prefer the A4 everytime, no matter what... if it werent for $. The RSX would be cheaper to maintain, by a lot, and cheaper on gas -- again, by a lot. I have no idea what the RSX would cost to insure, but I bet it is more than the A4 due to its sporty backround.

I maintain that doing any huge mods (v6, awd) to your focus is likely expensive and time consuming to the point that it would never happen.

Old 08-15-2005, 07:11 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: CheckMyVitals

Yeah.. I just got a car... but you CAN'T get a car and not be looking for a new one... right?

k.. options
> I'll be looking for an Audi 1.8TQM... obviously... but I've been thinking...
> drop a 200hp SVT V6 into my current machine (if you don't already know what it is... it doesn't matter... it'll spank anything you guys can pull out IF I do this AND supercharge it) (AWD is also a modding option for this car FROM Ford Racing)
> or a Acura RSX (don't know anything on the models, this one JUST sprung on me today... er... last night which has been blurred into today...)

other than those 3... i have no interest in any other options really...
so... don't suggest anything else, I just don't care

anyway, there's gotta be someone on here that knows their sh*t when it comes to Hondas, so... fill me with your knowledge of this absolutely fantastic car. Oh, and it HAS to be the pre-facelift. They pussied it out with the facelift, just doesn't do anything for me anymore. So if i'm missing some uber engine... though, maybe I'll drop it in someday. or... maaaaybe even a V6 in the RSX? mmmmm
geta 350z

Old 08-15-2005, 07:15 PM
5th Gear

haha, the 350z is twice the price of the cars mentioned.

the 300zx is better anyways :P

Old 08-15-2005, 07:23 PM
1st Gear

the carsa pimp though, am i right

Old 08-15-2005, 07:34 PM
rs
2nd Gear

not sure what year rsx u thinking. not sure the problems of the early models. my buddy just got an 03 rsx type s, and no problems so far. you gotta get the type s if u go that route. i personally wouldnt get an rsx, altho shifting at 8400 rpm has its benifits. my buddy thinks he can hang with my a6, but i told him that i have 110+ tq on him, and altho he can shfit at 8400 rpm, awd+tq=gone... he cant catch me off the line.

Old 08-15-2005, 11:02 PM
Administrator

go wit the RSX if its a Type S, it will be the cheapest to maintain and to fix up

Old 08-16-2005, 04:59 AM
4th Gear

lol, yeah, i'm just tossin **** in the air right now. i even joined a forum
the deal with the audi is... i'm not touching a B6... and i'm not sure when i'm gonna have the coin to do said plans.. so 2001 is the newest audi i could have, and even by next year, let's face it, it's gettin to be an older car. the RSX... i'm lookin btw 2002-2004 (2005 facelift IS starting to grow on me though). and the focus... yeah, it's only a 2002.
lol, btw, shokington, happened to talk to a guy (as a matter of fact... flanman... talking to him while we were taking 'soccer chick's' car in) and just for ***** i ran the V6 by him. i really didn't expect him to respond so quickly with 'out of the contour or cougar?' answer: either simple tunes make em almost identical .

yeha... i've been... busy with... stuff and audiforums.com hardly made it on my browsing list. that...and the past while the threads have been crap... so there was really nothing to say anyway.
so i just made a new thread... 'cause i like the sound of my own voice.
yeah... and a 350Z? nice... but considering as i'm looking at FWD and AWD cars taht can at least seat 4... for under $20,000.... um...

Quick Reply: Acura RSX