Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Abandoning this state

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Default Abandoning this state

Well looking for some ideas here. I really feel that Michigan is done and I'm sick of it with most others. My job is in sales and I'm waiting to be let go any week. My brothers live in Texas (Ft.Worth area) and every time I visit the atmosphere is so much better there. Big surprise lol. Anyhow, my issues lie with the girlfriend. We have a house together in our names and she has a good job at the college. I can't really make her understand the stress I'm under and when I lose my job I don't want to tough it out or stick around to see IF it gets better. Just wondering what I can do or tell her to sway her. I know one option is leaving on my own but I'm not there yet. Either way it sucks but I need a change. Thanks chuckies .

Last edited by Interceptor; 06-02-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:41 PM
5th Gear

So you hate that you're gonna lose your job... but you are wondering how you can convince her to leave hers? Is that the question? Tricky business, dude.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:16 PM
4th Gear

Your best bet, mate - start a new career!

Take the opportunity to get out of sales and into something else. Your sales background will be helpful, but there so many other avenues you can take. Don't know how old you are, but if you're under 35 - go for it!

You can look at it this way - what do you have to lose?

Old 06-02-2009, 02:59 PM

It really is tricky lol. Her job is very secure and she will not give me any advice except continue with school here and get a part time job. Lol, you can't even get a part time job here and then once you graduate still nothing. She is just not getting it. Women!
I have really grown to dislike sales so I am really trying for a change. I turned 29 in March so I think I still have time. I do have a background in Fire/Ems but the ems has lapsed and was planning on continuing in the medical field but perhaps in Texas then my Fire stuff would not transfer. What I wanted to to do is just move back down to the Burleson area or Ft. Worth and get back on the ambulance. I live in the rural part of Michigan and it is very cut throat here for even part time work. Thanks for the help as always guys