Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

7 possible ricers dead in MD

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 01:29 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: 7 possible ricers dead in MD

Wait, he wasn't arrested???? I didn't read the story.

Josh

Old 02-17-2008, 02:00 AM
4th Gear

like you said what a waste of lives.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:18 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: Nocturnal_A62.7

CLX, thanks.

I used to drive fast when I was 16, but by the time I turned 19... I started driving carefully. I am not afraid of dying, as everyone has to one day, but I am afraid of loosing a limb or becoming physically disabled. Of all, those who have healthy bodies, should thank God for it and not waste it.
I used to drive with a lead foot myself, but I've realized that there's no point. I save my speed and agression for the races, where the only thing I can kill is cones and my clear coat!

Old 02-17-2008, 09:09 AM
1st Gear

I just read an update and the Crown Vic wasn't involved in the race. Police think the crowd was obscured by the smoke and the driver didn't see them. Police said they couldn't confirm whether or not the driver had the lights on or off.

I wonder if the driver turned the lights off when he hit the cloud of smoke, so he could see? I've never driven through tire burnout smoke, but dense fog will reflect so much light that you can't see a thing...even with low beams on.

I like how this was a family affair with parents bringing kids. Dumb, dumb, dumb!!!

Old 02-17-2008, 09:27 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Yeah, in heavy fog I used to kill my headlights and run with the fog lights and marker lights only.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:01 AM
1st Gear

Let's say the guy was trying to see and turned off his lights cause of smoke reflection. You guys think he should be charged? (assuming he wasn't speeding or doing something else that was illegal)

In reading and watching interviews, I'm stunned at how apathetic some of the people are. One woman basically talked about her brother (who I think might have been killed) and she basically said Yeah, racing was his hobby, so what can you do? Another guy who claimed to have been there was talking like it was a normal day in the neighborhood...except for the mass killing part.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:51 AM
2nd Gear

A car full of young adult males just happened to be in the area of an illegal street race , you can rest assured that car was involved in some way. Investigators will get down to the details in time, it will be interesting to see what comes out of this. Him being there as a spectator is illegal alone, of course this ******* should be charged. I wish vehicular homicide would stick but investigators would never be able to show probable cause that it was his intention to kill those bystanders, involuntary manslaughter will have to do.

Anyone who thinks this guy should not be charged needs to stop reproducing immediately and punch themselves in the face.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:17 PM
1st Gear

It was confirmed that it was a car full of young males?Thelast I heard was one driver and one passenger...who was dead at the scene. Easy on the a-hole vibe...huh?

Old 02-17-2008, 12:27 PM
2nd Gear

Driver lived, it was a driver and passenger that were left by the time authorities got there. Next time you call someone an *** I'd get my facts straight first.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:07 PM
1st Gear

The only reason I called you an *** was cause you came out like gangbusters over my prior post.AllI was saying was could there be a chance the car that hit people did it by accident 'cause he couldn't see? Not interested in a fight.

I did a search again a few minutes ago and founddifferent versions of the story in press releases. One said the cops weren't looking for the drivers in the race who left the scene...another said the exact opposite. Either way, it's just a ridiculous shame...regardless of who's to blame.