Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

5% Tint?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 08:32 PM
2nd Gear
Default 5% Tint?

When I get down to Seattle, I want to go with 5% Tint all around. Does anyone have a picture looking from the inside of the car out during daytime? I'm wondering if it's really hard to see out of during the day, and even harder to see out of during the night.

If anyone has any personal experience with 5%, let me know. Thanks!

P.S. - Concerning legality, I will still be an Alaskan resident with an Alaskan driver's license. There are no tint laws here in AK, so I'll be ok if I get pulled over down in WA.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:36 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: 5% Tint?

Id imagine that it would be hard to see at night, i heard it was but dont have first hand experience

Old 04-17-2006, 10:25 PM
1st Gear

omg it is terribly hard to see at night! its definately dangerous!
from the inside, its pretty sweet cause you cant even see your hand if u held it infront of your face(at night time of course!)

but if u have a driveway that you have to back out of, i wouldnt recommend it, because its damn near impossible to see out of at night, and pretty tricky during the day too. I cant even use the rear view mirror.

we took the tint off the front windows though, because for 1.)we got pulled over a lot and for 2.)its really dangerous because you literally cannot see someone out of your windows until they are like 10feet away from your car, EVEN at night with headlights coming right at you!

but damn, it looks SWEET

and on my delSol we had double 5% tint and it was impossible to see in OR out during the night AND day. lol but like i said, DAMN it looked sweet!

a good 25% all around is always a good, clean look to go for, but u can still at least git a visual, ya know?

Old 04-17-2006, 11:25 PM
2nd Gear

5% sounds WAY too dark. Can anyone reccomend whats the darkest you can have to have the least amount of problems from cops in the NY area?

Old 04-18-2006, 01:03 AM
1st Gear

im gettin 25% in the front and 5% the rest of the windows. it aint to hard unless its dark out.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:08 AM
Site Moderator

i have 20% and its pretty good..i could imagine you could go 15%.. and be alright.. but my 20% is pretty dark.

have you ever been in a limo before..if so, then you know what 5% would be like..

Note*.. 20% isnt applied in my sig

Old 04-18-2006, 03:11 AM
2nd Gear

i had 5% on my MR2 .. it was dark as hell.. the people i bought it from were in Oklahoma.. and apparently it was legal? .. anyway.. its dark as ****.. but also.. the inside of the MR2 was super compact.. which made it even darker.. the T-Tops were also blacked out so no light from the top either.. i can tell you that at night i had to roll my windows down in order to see backing up.. but it looked damn sexy and stayed super cool in the summer..

Old 04-18-2006, 03:22 AM
4th Gear

Are you under the impression that it's sunny in Seattle? Who told you that whopper?

You may want to be pricing Vitmin D enhanced sunlamps for your interior, not window tint.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:28 AM

i love my 35% but i wish it was a little darker like 25%, but then again i live in so cal, so its ALWAYS sunny. Like tomorrow its gonna be in teh 80s.

Old 04-18-2006, 05:20 AM
2nd Gear

If you get it that dark, WA weather sucks. You are gonna have to roll down your windows at night to back up (1. cuz of tint 2. cuz of raindrops on your windows). Almost 8 months a year of rain or at least mist.

Quick Reply: 5% Tint?