Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
59.18%
PS3
40.82%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

360 or PS3?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 12:01 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: 360 or PS3?

As far as I am concerned, there is no reason to get a PS3 over an 360. 360s are cheaper, have better games, Xbox live and HALO! can you think of any exclusive PS3 games that would sway you to get a PS3 over xbox like Halo does? Even killer games that are coming out soon, like Grand Theft Auto 4 are going to be for both platforms. In my mind if you can get all the same games, plus even better exclusive ones for xbox, why not go with that? Plus the xbox controller walks all over the PS3 controller any day IMO, it molds right to the form of my hands, perfect! Xbox is owning the gaming scene right now, walk into a best buy right now and you will see shelfs of PS3's and NO xboxs. Except for maybe the gay "Arcade" bundle. Avoid that! lol Best luck to you man!

Old 12-21-2007, 12:11 PM
3rd Gear

The new Gran Tourismo is nothing special. For all of you who think it is good your wrong! Go download it off the Japaneese playstaion market place it sucks!!!!! Also just add this little note onepoint8tee i have PS3 and 360 and i never play my PS3.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:14 PM
3rd Gear

I had a 360 and sold it for my PS3. I have always owned Playstations and don't know why I went with the XBox? I guess because it was a little cheaper but it wasn't worth it. The PS3 blows it out of the water. Just like every other microsoft product, you have to purchase everything seperately. They also charge for online!! It's a joke. I have a friend that is on his3rd360 because of system issues. Yet anothercommon problem with Microsoft products. They just aren't reliable. My two cents...

Old 12-21-2007, 12:16 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: i3uddha

LOL - doesnt specialize? ever hear of CD's / floppy discs / the walk man / discman / DATs on & on & on...
And you really think Sony specialize in these technologies? They may have introduced the technologies to the masses, but they never specialized, at least never appealed to professionals and audiophiles. Ever heard of memory stick / mini disk / Sony reader / DAT (commercial failure, even though some people liked it much)

However, used 360 for more than a year, and still very much love it.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

yeah - its really preference.

like I said above - I think a big deciding factor is if you
are leaning towards blu-ray or HD DVD -
and whether u have ps2 / ps1 games prior...

Old 12-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

ORIGINAL: Nocturnal_A62.7

And you really think Sony specialize in these technologies? They may have introduced the technologies to the masses, but they never specialized, at least never appealed to professionals and audiophiles. Ever heard of memory stick / mini disk / Sony reader / DAT (commercial failure, even though some people liked it much)

However, used 360 for more than a year, and still very much love it.

LOL..[] so actually develping & introducing those technologies isnt specializing?

yeah memory stick / Beta etc. on & on was a farse (remember BETA was tech. advanced than
VHS - they lost out due to support from the
studio prod. companies & the $$$ of the media, mkting etc.

but DAT? how can u say commercial failure? professionals & audiophiles -
every recording studio (professional & homebrewed)
i've been to / worked at has used DAT primarily...

(im talking when it was intorudced in the 90's
& even up into the whole protools PC revolution)

Im glad ur happy w/ ur 360.. thats fine - I blv the 360 is a great console.

but for u to come on here & say that PS / PS2 & now Ps3 is just garbage is BS imo...
based on what?

u say u hate them bec. they make everything under the sun?
yeah they make digi cameras / laptops / & everything under the sun.
and they have good consumer confidence hence make a decent profit -

thats a reason to hate them?

sounds like ur just a hater bec. their sucessful not bec. of anything definitive.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:49 PM
2nd Gear

^ +1 I totally agree and if you think Microsoft isnt trying to follow sonys lead and move into other fields I want what you are smoking.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:04 PM

Get a bike,get a fast car,get a pilots liscence and ownership in several planes. It's only a lil more expensive (cough cough)then the PS3/xbox 360 and a hell of a lot more fun.I've owned a PS2 and a ps1 b4 that,just don't like the X-box layout. My Ps2 crapped out on me a while ago and i have no desire to get either one when the only games i like are driving,motorcycle and flying and i do em in real life so the games seem so unrealistic. I also like shooting games, but i shoot sleepin hobos on weekends with frozen paintballs so i got that covered.j/k Sorry,just can't see spening 400-600 on a system then 50-70 per game for some **** poor simulation of real life. You wanna play football, go outside and play with ur son,friends or who ever.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

true dat..(wow im agreeing w/ bob123? lmao - j/k)

its a bit much for just a gaming console - but u figure its got internet browsing,
plus bluray / upscaling dvds + the games..

Old 12-21-2007, 03:00 PM
2nd Gear

Well, I tend to go for the companies those have dedicated their entire operations on couple of areas... for e.g, if I have to buy a camera, I will only buy Olumpus, Nikon, or Canon. If I have to buy Home Theater, Denon is the brand. Sony is good, but not the best...and therefore, I am not fair in my opinion when it comes to PS2.

Quick Reply: 360 or PS3?