Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

100 Quotes from "Real" Christians

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 11:36 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: 100 Quotes from "Real" Christians

freaky, I just saw this on another forum.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:52 PM
5th Gear

My apologies for having faith in religion. I'm so glad this compilation of opinionated bullshit has brought out so many stereotypical views on what ALL religion must be composed of.[>:]

Beautiful poem, Jazz.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: kolbs_91

I guess now would be a good time to apologize for my religion.
NO! It's not! See, here's teh thing... Blaming those types of mentalities that are displayed, above, on religion is THE SAME as when the religious fanatics blame drug use on Rock & Roll, or Rap... Don't you all see, if you insist on blaming fanatical behavior of religion YOU ARE THE SAME AS THEM!!! Well, maybe THAT is why you hate them so, you're just a millimeter or two away from BEING one of THOSE fanatics. DAMN!!! How phugkin MYOPIC are you capital "L's"? If you can't see that being FANATICAL about FANATICS makes YOU a FANATIC, there is no hope for you... You're ALREADY lost! You have ALREADY fallen prey to their rhetoric!

DEATH TO ALL FANATICS!!!

Clueless, brainless, lemmings.

All you're doing is marching off teh cliff on teh other side of teh island!

I give up...

<<walks out, muttering, and closes the door behind...>>

Old 01-16-2008, 12:16 AM
5th Gear

I am religious, though. Must not've added enough sarcasm.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Senior Administrator

my rant was directed at the others, not you Kolby. I *did* nmiss the sarcasm, tho... I'm getting old, I think.[]

Old 01-16-2008, 12:28 AM
5th Gear

My apologies, I completely mistook your rant. ****'s been a little difficult lately.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:34 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

NO! It's not! See, here's teh thing... Blaming those types of mentalities that are displayed, above, on religion is THE SAME as when the religious fanatics blame drug use on Rock & Roll, or Rap... Don't you all see, if you insist on blaming fanatical behavior of religion YOU ARE THE SAME AS THEM!!! Well, maybe THAT is why you hate them so, you're just a millimeter or two away from BEING one of THOSE fanatics. DAMN!!! How phugkin MYOPIC are you capital "L's"? If you can't see that being FANATICAL about FANATICS makes YOU a FANATIC, there is no hope for you... You're ALREADY lost! You have ALREADY fallen prey to their rhetoric!

DEATH TO ALL FANATICS!!!

I give up...

Well, I can't speak for everyone else, but I disliked religion long before this thread. I just said it reaffirmed my opinions that previously existed. Religion is not solelyat fault, ultimately the individual is. To me, though, religion itself seems to have so many underlyings and teachings that it kinda harbors and nurtures this mentality. That's my thing. These people that are such over-zealous radicals accept nothing that disputes their religion or faith, because religion teaches them to. It's not their religion necessarily teaches them such misconstrued perceptions, just thatit cotains no limit or barrier in which tokeep it's teachings and purposes.That's all I'm saying.

But whatever, to each his own. Religion works for some people, and for others it doesn't. I fall into the latter group....

Old 01-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Senior Administrator

Steve, my rant wasn't directed at you, or any one individual. Moreso the mentality that some have (I'm not one to point or call names, unless it's gonna be funny to do so) of being FANATICALLY anti-FANATICAL! As I mentioned, my underlying tenent is that we each have to find our own path,religious or not, to follow in life. I'm simply trying to helo *some* see that the DEATH TO ALL FANATIVS battle cry is the same as those they rail against. But, as I type these words it occurs to me that HYPOCRIT just might BE the PATH for some... If so, good luck with that. I have better things to do than talking half the worlds fanatics down off the ledge.

Although, it also occurs to me that there is a simple way to talk them down off teh ledge...

JUMP! I DARE YA! SCARED?!?!? Lost your convictions?!?!? JUMP!!!

Old 01-16-2008, 09:17 AM
2nd Gear

So if you were down by the Pentagon, can I ask you a question? Any big plane/ jet parts around? lol.. * off topic*
on topic- some people here going to hell.. that stinks.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:52 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

DEATH TO ALL FANATICS!!!

I give up...

Yea and people who like Mother Tersa are so fanatical about feeding and caring for the sick and poor.

Or did you mean the other religious groups (primarily american)that St. Paul talked about who have a "defiled" and "unpure" relgion?

Or ,,,,did you think St. Paul was a fanatic? Billy Grahm one? What about Jimmy Carter. Do you have a litmus test for a fanatic?

What about your typical "cheese head" fanatic, must they die too? Getting kind of myopic on your death threats aren't you?

Quick Reply: 100 Quotes from "Real" Christians