Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

*RANT* Car and Driver is GHEY

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Default *RANT* Car and Driver is GHEY

[:@]I just recieved my monthly issue of C&D, and guess what, it has a RS4 on the front!!! They tested it against a BMW M3 and a M-B C63 AMG. The RS4 got 3rd!!![:@]M-B got 2nd, and M3 got 1st.[:@]Countless people have complained aboutC&D's BMW bias, and it really shows. In the RS4 article they said " During the back-road section of thisexam, the Audi almost proved to be too easy to drive- some pilots complained that working hard in the M3 and C63 was more rewarding than the effortless manner of the RS4. This Audi is just too civilized to make you sweat." !!!what??? its too good? And they go on and on about how great it is,and then they bash the "HARSH" suspension of the AMG. OKi can see them putting the M3 in first, but the AMG got second??? retarded[:@]

HA HA[sm=rant.gif] just my opinion.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:34 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: *RANT* Car and Driver is GHEY

I want that turbo for my garage

Old 11-06-2007, 09:59 PM

just got ma issue in da mail too...I was also pretty pissed that they even allowed the C63 to be compared in the same class....it's a freakin automatic!

I would have to personally say that the comparrisson was a hoax....

as far as looks, handleing and confort go.....RS4 FTMFW!

new M3 is ugly, and why would you ever compare an automatc mercedes with an M3 and an RS4?

fuQ it....

Old 11-06-2007, 10:07 PM
4th Gear

Little late there aren't we? clicky linky But yea I can't figure out how they chose the merc over the RS4. And I guess the rumors are true. They are on bmw's payroll lol

They also drove the new A4 (b8) click again

Old 11-06-2007, 11:37 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: a6sheriff

During the back-road section of thisexam, the Audi almost proved to be too easy to drive- some pilots complained that working hard in the M3 and C63 was more rewarding than the effortless manner of the RS4. This Audi is just too civilized to make you sweat." !!!what??? its too good?
Being fastest wins races. Feeling fastest sells cars. Seriously, what's the point of having a performance street car, regardless of how fast it actually is, if it's so easy to drive that it feels like an Accord the whole time you're driving? That's why the Z3 is sush a great car, it's not very fast at all, but you feel like a hero every second you're driving it, whether in traffic or on roundabouts or down the highway. It feels like a sports car, and it rewards you for driving skill. If I wanted a car that's easy to drive, I might as well get a chauffuer at the same time.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:05 AM
1st Gear

yeah a agree C & D has been going down hill lately.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Trey25

Little late there aren't we? clicky linky But yea I can't figure out how they chose the merc over the RS4. And I guess the rumors are true. They are on bmw's payroll lol

They also drove the new A4 (b8) click again
Oo, well ijust got mine in the mail 3 days ago, ANOTHER BAD THING

Old 11-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Administrator

You have to take their articles with a grain of salt. They're judging minivans on which ones are the most rewarding to drive on switchback roads. Seems they'd do a better service to their readers in awarding victories based on real-world capabilities. They always give big props to high-end cars that "make anyone look like an F1 driver" - seems then that the RS4 would've trounced the others, seeing as how it seems to have the most real-world accessible performance. I guess that's what you're gonna get though, when your editors have access to Ferraris, Astons, Lambos, etc to beat the **** out of on a daily basis. Seems like it jades them to the commoner and what most people can handle.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:34 PM
4th Gear

its like movie critics - cant get anything right

Old 11-07-2007, 09:39 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven
Being fastest wins races. Feeling fastest sells cars. Seriously, what's the point of having a performance street car, regardless of how fast it actually is, if it's so easy to drive that it feels like an Accord the whole time you're driving? That's why the Z3 is sush a great car, it's not very fast at all, but you feel like a hero every second you're driving it, whether in traffic or on roundabouts or down the highway. It feels like a sports car, and it rewards you for driving skill. If I wanted a car that's easy to drive, I might as well get a chauffuer at the same time.
Gotta agree man.[sm=youreright.gif]

Quick Reply: *RANT* Car and Driver is GHEY