Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The *Official* "Ask a stoopit question" thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 12:02 AM
Administrator

With a pencil and an eraser.

How do you make a phone call?

Old 01-10-2013, 12:29 AM
1st Gear

Your ability to do so depends on whether or not your car came with the car phone or not. Check the center arm rest.

I'm trying to get a worse front/back weight ratio so my all wheel burnouts will be better. Can I convert my car to mid-engine layout easily?

Old 01-10-2013, 05:36 AM
Administrator

Sure - find a junk A4, cut off the front clip, and weld it to your bumper supports. Make sure to put some PVC pipe over the headlight bulbs and run it up to the lights on the new front extension so you can see at night. Safety first!

Can I port my manifolds by pouring sand into the intake and running the car? Or should I pack clay in there to do a rolling extrude-hone job?

Old 01-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Guru

have chris pack your clay.......

does jeremy's wife know he is in love with chris and does chris' wife know him nick, jazz, randy and don are having a managetwat?

Old 01-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Administrator

A: yes. Chris's girlfriend enjoys watching Nick, Chris, Jazz, my self play twister naked while drawing on each others bodies with caramel sauce. Don usually is too shy to join us so he prefers to keep score instead.

Q: What do you do when Chris wants to wait to do it til we get married? Do I just surprise butt sex him?

Old 01-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Administrator

SURPISE BUTT SECKS!

Will a blown, rebuilt, and reblown turbo from a 1987 Corolla fit on my B5 and will I be able to make 400hp like the guy who sold it to me said I would?

Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 AM
1st Gear
Default 2000 a4 2.8 30v

Hey so i have a 2000 a4 2.8 30v and have a question about a tick. I noticed the tick when i first bought the car last summer and did an oil change. I put lucas oil stabilizer and it seemed to help with tick and i have been driving it four about five months or more with no tick. I just did another oil change yesterday because i heard tick day before and i was due for oil change at about 3500 miles anyway. The tick is gone but at times when i start car immediatly as i turn get and it starts the tick begins but is literally for a second if that and it goes away. Should i be worried about this? i know it is common for 2.8 to develope ticks and this car has about 216000 miles on it!! but major maintanance has been done such as timing belt, water pump, thermostat, axles, etc

Old 01-15-2013, 05:59 PM
4th Gear

you win!

what's his prize?

Old 01-15-2013, 06:13 PM
1st Gear
Default Help!!!!!! car over heats then doesnt heat up???

Hi Guys

new to the forums and new to Audis, may be a post here about my issue but cant find it.

anyway, was driving to work today and my A/C wouldn't get hot at all, then the temp gauge went up to about 110c, i pulled over quickly and let it cool, as i carried on down the road a short time later the temperature gauge dropped all the way to the cold end and hasn't moved since.

its a british registered audi a3 2001 model. 1.6 petrol, currently in germany and its been -6 today so maybe this could be a reason. also the traction control light illuminated today lol.

any help would be appreciated.
thanks.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:48 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by gorvsy
Hi Guys

new to the forums and new to Audis, may be a post here about my issue but cant find it.

anyway, was driving to work today and my A/C wouldn't get hot at all, then the temp gauge went up to about 110c, i pulled over quickly and let it cool, as i carried on down the road a short time later the temperature gauge dropped all the way to the cold end and hasn't moved since.

its a british registered audi a3 2001 model. 1.6 petrol, currently in germany and its been -6 today so maybe this could be a reason. also the traction control light illuminated today lol.

any help would be appreciated.
thanks.
this could be a stuck thermostat..when is the last time you had your belts, pump, and thermostat serviced? Also how many miles are on the vehicle. It could also be a fuse

Quick Reply: The *Official* "Ask a stoopit question" thread