Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

(*NEW*) Great White Hope!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Senior Administrator
Default (*NEW*) Great White Hope!

http://www.asylum.com/2010/01/21/all...n-moose-lewis/

some exerpts:
The AABA (All-American Basket Ball Alliance) is the brainchild of Atlanta-based businessman Don "Moose" Lewis, who serves as commissioner of the league. "The reasoning behind the league's roster restrictions is not racism," he told the Augusta Chronicle. But a statement from the AABA clearly lays out its agenda:

"Only players that are natural-born United States citizens with both parents of Caucasian race are eligible to play in the league."

BING-list:
http://www.bing.com/search?q=Whites-...ll&form=msnhpm

Old 01-23-2010, 10:15 AM
3rd Gear

It was never going to work, I heard their uniform has a type of headwear described as a cone shaped white hat.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:47 AM

If you are human, how can you be a member of a different race?

Old 01-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by Gordon Freeman Jr
If you are human, how can you be a member of a different race?
A MAN after my own heart...

which, he's NEVER gonna get, BTW.

Jazz don't roll THAT way!!!

Old 01-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by Dan1969
It was never going to work, I heard their uniform has a type of headwear described as a cone shaped white hat.
but, with the 6' rim-height, ALMOST everybody'd be able to dunk.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:38 AM
2nd Gear

wha? 6 inch rim

Old 01-28-2010, 09:32 AM
2nd Gear

Maybe the government needs to redistribute the wealth from the obscenely rich NBA to fund this under priveledged league.

After all, isn't that what "spread the wealth" is all about?

Then you would have true competition in the basketball sports marketplace.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by alan93
Maybe the government needs to redistribute the wealth from the obscenely rich NBA to fund this under priveledged league.

After all, isn't that what "spread the wealth" is all about?

Then you would have true competition in the basketball sports marketplace.
Who do you perceive to be obscenely rich in the NBA? The thousand or so African-American athletes making tens-of-millions/year, or the handful of Caucasian owners who PAY THEIR SALARIES?!?!?!?

As far as competition goes, the ONLY competition allowed is for the player positions, and, it seems that the best generally get paid the most. How much more "true" could the competition get, at that level?

We'll have all the head coaches positions locked up, within the next generation, or so... And, we've got a foot-in-the-door with ownership!

If hockey paid anything to more than a handful of superstars we'd PWN that, too!

Last edited by AWDaholic; 01-28-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:16 PM
2nd Gear

Racism is a bad thing, no doubt, but if a bunch of white guys want to play ball together what's the big deal? It's like women getting all up in arms over men-only clubs. Get over it and start your own (fill in the blank)-only club.

By the way, are you saying that blacks are superior?

"If hockey paid anything to more than a handful of superstars we'd PWN that, too!"

Isn't that the definition of racism?

Last edited by yesss4; 01-28-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Senior Administrator

C'mon, yu've been around here long enough to know that I was what is funniest, at any given moment. My avvie isn't my ACTUAL picture, you know.

I'm saying that, given a level playing field, those that WANT IT the hardest, and are best AT IT, will rise to the top of ANY profession. If I get to poke a few who ARE (read the statements by the proponents of this "white-only" league, if you want an example, BTW), and twist their panties into a bunch in the process, its like honey on top of icing, for me.

Tell me, do YOU see the NBA as a "Black-Only" league? Do YOU feel that golf courses that take state, local, and federal money to support their "clubs" should be able to discriminate against women, or minorities, simply because it's "always been that way"? When you describe your non-white friends, do you START with the color of their skin? Their ethnicity? Or what?

And, in case ANYbody wants to tryN take me to task, on this... You should know that my oldest child is half-Italian. *I* am a Mulatto-esque mix of Native-American, African-American, and Dutch ancestry. I have little room to judge, either way. So, I don't. I take each person at their word, until they give me reason not to, no matter their racial/social/ethnial (OK, I made that last one up, but it FITS, damnit) upbringing.

You got a problem with something funny I say? I say SO WHAT?!?!? It WAS funny!

Quick Reply: (*NEW*) Great White Hope!