Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Obama or McCain?
Obama/Biden
56.86%
McCain/Palin
43.14%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

*------Election 2008------*

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 10:48 AM

Would have been cool to have drift cars parked in front of the white house:
http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-08...-car-racer.htm

Instead we can have some of this:
http://blog.nj.com/jerseyblogs/2008/...amas_prin.html

Old 11-08-2008, 11:32 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by mr_synister
its really quite simple its all about one side against the other and they do the oposite of what eachother is doin always no matter how dumb or how much they should work together.

It's not even CLOSE to that simple.

obama only won because not many people wanted a republican and if ya think obama ran the squeaky clean campain your a complete idiot.
I think that Obama was definitely helped by McCain and Palin being such utter f*** ups. I lived in Arizona for a long time and had a great deal of respect for him until he began this campaign. We saw the respectable and solid, if not especially inspirational, McCain that his constituents
have supported all this time during his concession speech...if he had stayed THAT McCain and if Palin hadn't turned into such a waste, Obama would have had a much tougher time (even with the stain that Bush puts on the GOP).

I'm not saying that Obama could never have won if McCain hadn't made the errors that he made, but...phew! He made it easy.

Last edited by sineo; 11-08-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by sineo
It's not even CLOSE to that simple.

I think that Obama was definitely helped by McCain and Palin being such utter f*** ups. I lived in Arizona for a long time and had a great deal of respect for him until he began this campaign. We saw the respectable and solid, if not especially inspirational, McCain that his constituents
have supported all this time during his concession speech...if he had stayed THAT McCain and if Palin hadn't turned into such a waste, Obama would have had a much tougher time (even with the stain that Bush puts on the GOP).

I'm not saying that Obama could never have won if McCain hadn't made the errors that he made, but...phew! He made it easy.
Most analysts would agree that the race was neck and neck until the economy/stock market took a nose dive. They also agree that the race should never have been close considering the approval rating of Bush and the fundraising and media advantage of Obama.

I would have to say that McCain and Palin are not f*** ups who made it easy for Obama.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:39 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by AutoUnionFan
Most analysts would agree that the race was neck and neck until the economy/stock market took a nose dive.

That's not what the polls suggested. Obama was creeping up on McCain before the economy officially turned because McCain could hardly stay out of his own way.

They also agree that the race should never have been close considering the approval rating of Bush and the fundraising and media advantage of Obama.
Well, Bush's legacy certainly posed a separate challenge for the Republican candidate, but McCain could have redeemed his party. He changed during this campaign and lost what made him so likable. I think his ticket lost a LOT of credibility by choosing Palin...we were all shocked and impressed when she was first named...and then she opened her mouth. Also, I don't like the implication that Obama bought the election. Obama was a superior fundraiser (and so ran a better campaign?), but Obama is not the reason that McCain lost...McCain is.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:40 PM

Sineo

- Obama was creeping up before the economy "officially turned" - does not really explain the direct correlation between the economy and Obama's lead in the polls

- "better fundraiser" - yes he did raise and spend more than any other presidential candidate but he also opted out of public funding after promisng to be apart of it. You could say that Obama ran a better campaign, but the truth is that he had it much easier than McCain. All Obama had to do was say Bush and McCain in the same sentence followed by "Yes we can" followed by lots of kool aid. McCain had to convince people to vote for a Republican ticket when the current Republican President has the lowest approval rating in long time.

You can McCain bash all you want but I never heard McCain say "cling to guns and religion" or "first time in my adult life I am proud of my country" or "I never heard Wright say anything racist" or "I was a young boy when Ayers bombed the pentagon and killed police officers, so I can be friends with him" or "i want to spread the wealth around" or "the surge in Iraq did not work". Obama made plenty of mistakes and so did McCain. The difference is that Obama could afford mistakes.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:43 PM

Yea and maybe Palin sounds too normal for some people but I would take her over Pelosi anyday

Old 11-08-2008, 02:16 PM

obama only won because not many people wanted a republican and if ya think obama ran the squeaky clean campain your a complete idiot.
He actually won due to the fact that he won the states that had huge electorial #'s. California alone has 66. He won the states that mattered!

Old 11-08-2008, 02:41 PM
4th Gear

Yup Thats true!

Josh

Old 11-08-2008, 03:23 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by GHETTOxWHITExBOY
He actually won due to the fact that he won the states that had huge electorial #'s. California alone has 66. He won the states that mattered!
isnt cali 55? maybe just a typo

Old 11-09-2008, 06:47 AM
3rd Gear

Sineo

- Obama was creeping up before the economy "officially turned" - does not really explain the direct correlation between the economy and Obama's lead in the polls

It doesn't have to...they're distinct phenomena.

The difference is that Obama could afford mistakes.
Exactly. Do you think that was accidental?

Maybe you're not reading all of what I'm saying...I think I've made it pretty clear that Obama does not wow me. You don't need to sell me on his inadequacies.

Quick Reply: *------Election 2008------*