Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Obama or McCain?
Obama/Biden
56.86%
McCain/Palin
43.14%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

*------Election 2008------*

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 02:08 PM
4th Gear

^exactly... i think people are just making a fuss because of how things are atm... bush had **** to deal with, as did clinton, and everyone else..

Old 11-06-2008, 04:56 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by mr_synister
ok heres the bullshit of the whole situation that i dont get ok. im acused of bein racist cause i cant stand obama, and i think hes a idiot and were screwed he bought the election and who ever the dem nominee was had a lot better chance againt any rep because of the state of things bush left us. what obama wants to do aint gonna work nothing is gonna get better ive studdied this **** for years, but just because im white i cant go against obama or im suddinly a clan member and ohhhh hes the first black president and ohhhhh its a great day for afro americans thats ****** bullshit too this dude is HALF WHITE ok he aint even african american hes malatto is what its called i think so why cant the white folks claim there half of him no no no he is the black president well he wouldnt have one if a **** load of white folks dint vote for him too so its not that historic or amazing its just another shitty president out of too shitty people obama is just the other white meat with tan
Man...all I can say is I'm glad you're not defending my opinions!

Old 11-06-2008, 05:25 PM
5th Gear

^^ No kidding! Hard to believe that guy studied ANYTHING for years. He writes like a 9 year old on MSN.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:33 PM

MR SYNISTER......that was a little ranty, but I can partly see the point your trying to make but none of it can be validated. Yes hes part white but hes also part black! Just because hes part white doesn't give anyone the right to dismiss that he is African American, plain and simple. Of course alot of the election was about race.....think about it. Since the start of the U.S. theres been white presidents, now look outside the box for a minute.....if everything was flip flopped and there had been nothing but black presidents for the past 200+ years and Mccain was the first white man to run for the presidentcy who would you vote for, being a white male? Let it go and move on, America voted and it is what it is. Anyone in office is better than Bush's dumb *** being there.

Last edited by GHETTOxWHITExBOY; 11-06-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:01 PM
1st Gear

ya i know i dont type so good cant help it aint with the computer age yet. ive been in politics i was on my county legislature in ny and things dont work quite like people think. people turned the election into white and black that was part of the problem. bush screwed things up real good but a good amount of it was not his fault if you really know the situations not that i like bush at all. obama has everyone fooled into thinking he is ready its been a media circus. the only good thing i see with him is that he is returning some of clintons cabinet to the white house.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Site Moderator

I don't know anyone in my social atmosphere who looked at the election as a white/black thing, and I live in central Ohio. You get ALL kinds of views and opinions out of this state... NY is not representative of the majority of rural and even many inner city areas of this country. But they are certainly part of it. I'm just saying look outside the world that YOU live in before making such a controversial political blanket statement. Certainly there were a lot of people who only voted for mccain because he is white and vice versa, but I don't believe that those people represent the masses.

Last edited by onepoint8tee; 11-07-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Guru

^ Agreed. In my area there were a lot of McCain supporters but it wasn't about race. They just didn't like Obama's policies.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:38 PM

There was a significant portion of the population who voted for Obama because he was black. Having a black president is a historical event and many people wanted to see this happen and be apart of it. Black people were in the crying in the streets when it was clear that Obama one.

Saying that race is not a factor is BOGUS.

I havnt looked at the stats in detail because I dont know if they are available yet but there are some general statements that can be made based on limited info:

-indications are that voter turnout among blacks will be significantly higher than in the past when overall turnout is the same

-the percentage of blacks voting democrat will be significantly higher in many areas, especially some swing states

If someone has some good numbers, I wold be interested to see them - and it would make all of our opnions more informed.

Last thing - GhettoWhiteBoy - if the first 43 presidents were all black and a white guy with a good shot to win was running, I probably would vote for him. This is another reason I think race was a factor this year.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Guru

I make an attempt to be unbiased and try to pick the best person for the job when I vote for anything. I try not to let gender and race cloud my judgement. The people in my area are predominatley white but also tried to choose the best candidate because they didn't want to be "the bitter, racist small town people".

Old 11-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Site Moderator

No one said race wasn't a factor. I just don't think it is as big of a factor as why people voted for him because of his vision and the direction he wants to take this country in. Of course race was a factor, but you are suggesting that it turned from anything else into a white/black election which suggests that you think it was the key/most prominent deciding factor. Many black people voted for him soley based on race, many not, but lets not discount the 60% of white people who voted for him and for what reasons as well.

Last edited by onepoint8tee; 11-07-2008 at 04:51 PM.

Quick Reply: *------Election 2008------*