Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Obama or McCain?
Obama/Biden
56.86%
McCain/Palin
43.14%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

*------Election 2008------*

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 04:30 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by airguard350
It's a tough question. I'm not sure what I would do. I'm tempted to axe them because I feel that would be more of an incentive to work hard and make a lot of money. I know that it was an incentive for my parents, whose families were anything but wealthy. They worked hard so they could afford good healthcare and they could afford good everything else. My father was the son of a laid-off machinist and a BSU administrator and my mother was the daughter of an electrical worker and a housewife; hardly million-dollar a year jobs. Their parents taught them to work hard so they could afford more.
And what about your friends?

Old 11-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Guru

They are already hard workers. I think the only benefits we should keep are veterans' benefits. They've only used welfare once or twice anyways and for very short periods of time.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:41 PM
5th Gear

Well 6 months isn't a short period of time, if you're unable to work. And what if your friends weren't disabled from working for 6 months... but permanently. A former hardworking American, non-veteran, a friend, now unable to continue work. What then?

I'm not trying to be a dick here, I'm trying to show you that it is an impossible situation. My questions are nearly rhetorical... you wouldn't leave your friend out to dry.

I totally agree, there are some d-bags out there who milk the system, and it is unforgivable... but the system itself is good, and it helps many more good people than it does freeloaders.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:06 PM
4th Gear

Any well founded system gets exploited. It's as simple as that.

Look at the aid that came for Katrina - people scattered everywhere and there were people signing up for the assistance checks that never lived in New Orleans. Scammers take advantage of everything.

Either you help all and try to avoid them or none at all.

Wish they would abolish the IRS and send them after the welfare frauds and such. They are tough.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Guru

Well I guess this is one of those situations. You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:48 PM
5th Gear

^^ that is exactly right. So you either choose to be ruthless, and let good people suffer when they might have been helped... OR, you choose to be a bit self-sacrificing, and understand that you are helping good people, and just grimace about the d-bags who will take advantage.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Guru

I think we should go out and find the bad ones and send them to someone else's country.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Banned
Default haha

Originally Posted by Palindari™
Palin scored good. She skillfully dodged over 70% of the questions asked. Now that is a true politician. In this debate forum she did well. One on one interviews where she receives follow-up questions - she can't dodge them like we saw in the Couric interviews.

Now I'm curious if she'll do any more interviews between now and Nov 3. My guess is no - unless it's with a conservative talk show host like Hannity, Bill-O or Limbaugh.

What struck me as odd was her demeanor. It was cutesy and flippant at times. Her speaches were well rehearshed - loved how she would give a short answer to the question and then go straight into talking points about something entirely different... lol...

Now Biden did the opposite and thus played right into her hands. Think he was too worried coming across as a bully.

But personally I think Palin won on style and Biden on substance.

Shame, I was really wanting to see a meltdown... lol... oh well. Win or lose we'll be seeing more of Palin down the road.
HAHA PALIN SUCKS JUST LIKE You ooo wait and ur slow *** car :-D GO OBAMA!!!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Tech Guru

^ Is douchebagery necessary?

Old 11-05-2008, 09:33 PM
4th Gear

^dude wtf? 4 posts? and talk ****?... wait wait, you fail? along with your slow assss carrrr.....

Quick Reply: *------Election 2008------*