Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Obama or McCain?
Obama/Biden
56.86%
McCain/Palin
43.14%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

*------Election 2008------*

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 12:14 AM
4th Gear

Josh, it's funny you mention how he talks - listen to John F Kennedy - they sound VERY similar...

Hopefully he doesn;'t meet the same fate as him.

You still have alot in front of you - enjoy it - but you still have a great deal to learn, mate - trust that from a guy twice your age

Old 11-05-2008, 12:15 AM
1st Gear

id keep it up cause were screwed and it will be nice for our kids too look back and see how it all started. most likely well end up with president joe biden cause some one gonna shoot osama obamas ***.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:16 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by theTTkid
but... as we know, we may see some taxes... im not saying its going to be bad, im just saying its possible... as it wouldve been just as possible with mccain... idk.
Okay, I'm just not convinced you know what you mean by that. And that's okay, but it's sort of symptomatic of a universal (within the US lol) lack of knowledge regarding actual policy implementation and of the fear-mongering that characterizes Republican framing of Democratic policies. Do you want to pay MORE taxes? Vote Obama! Do you like terrorism? Vote Obama. Do you think people should be able to marry people of the same sex? Marry goats? Vote Obama!

Taxes aren't always a bad thing and I think you'd be surprised how much you benefit from them. I feel pretty qualified to comment and I think Obama's plan for the economy is solid...and at the very least, better than McCain's (and maybe that's as much as we can expect right now).

Old 11-05-2008, 12:17 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ThePaintballGuy
And I am patriotic. I do my research. I am not saying all this just based off of my own little mind. Both my parents will vote for WHOEVER is the best, not just what party they are. I am the same. The taxes alone that obama is going to put in place or raise is going to hurt the country more. He says he is going to be giving the middle class tax breaks, guess who has to pick up the slack!?!?! The top 5% of the income bracket. The people in this bracket are the ones who faught hard to get there now have no big insentive anymore to continue to do well. The more money they make the more they are taxed so they can help support the middle and lower class who just sit around and do nothing (ok yes I know that there are middle class people who work hard and deserve every penny they make) but to those who don't they now get a free ride at the expense of the big players.

Josh
What are your taxes at right now?

Old 11-05-2008, 12:19 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by theTTkid
^not to sound like a snot... but the reason i said i was afraid of taxes in my community is cause i fall in the top 5% that picks up the slack
I personally don't but my parents do (also, I don't want to sound like a snot) but my parents are both very worried now. My dad owns his own business and is now very unsure of what is going to happen now because of this.

Josh

OnePoint8Tee... it's a good thing we have the freedom of speech here then isn't it?

Old 11-05-2008, 12:19 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Whiplash
What are your taxes at right now?
See my post right below yours.

Josh

Old 11-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Site Moderator

Taxes go to creating/improving/rebuilding our infrastructure and job creation. Nobody wants that!

Old 11-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by ThePaintballGuy
OnePoint8Tee... it's a good thing we have the freedom of speech here then isn't it?
Precisely. You arent looking into deeply enough.

Remind your dad that this country is nearly 10 trillion dollars in debt and if we don't reinvest in ourselves, create jobs, and start an energy revolution we are going to go into default to China and they will exercise their debt recovery and take even more drastic interest and ownership in our assets. We'll see how well your dad's business does when that happens.

Last edited by onepoint8tee; 11-05-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:23 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by sineo
Okay, I'm just not convinced you know what you mean by that. And that's okay, but it's sort of symptomatic of a universal (within the US lol) lack of knowledge regarding actual policy implementation and of the fear-mongering that characterizes Republican framing of Democratic policies. Do you want to pay MORE taxes? Vote Obama! Do you like terrorism? Vote Obama. Do you think people should be able to marry people of the same sex? Marry goats? Vote Obama!

Taxes aren't always a bad thing and I think you'd be surprised how much you benefit from them. I feel pretty qualified to comment and I think Obama's plan for the economy is solid...and at the very least, better than McCain's (and maybe that's as much as we can expect right now).
calling me uneducated i see huh? lol its fine... i really dont care.. as most of you know, ill be obamas pawn soon enough cause ill be a marine as of late december/early january...

i know taxes help... but not as much me as others (ex, obviously i use roads, but not so much shelters or food kitchens) **** like that...

like i said though, i fully support him, cause he won, and i guess its my duty too.. im just looking forward to seeing how he handles things...

for all we know, the economy will start booming soon enough and ill be able to get a BIG TURBO!!! WOO HOO!!!

...this is a car forum isnt it? lol

Old 11-05-2008, 12:24 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by onepoint8tee
Taxes go to creating/improving/rebuilding our infrastructure and job creation. Nobody wants that!
Or all the other BS plans that obama was proposing. Or all the other BS plans that are already here... the thing that pisses me off the most now is that, yeah even though it will help out (or he says they will) he is putting all this on the TOP 5%!!!! If it's a unified country shouldn't the WHOLE country pay EQUALLY??????????? Think about that one!

Josh

Quick Reply: *------Election 2008------*