Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Obama or McCain?
Obama/Biden
56.86%
McCain/Palin
43.14%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

*------Election 2008------*

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 12:03 AM
5th Gear

I'm going to try to be optimistic about this for the first time since Obama was locked in as the Democratic candidate, so I won't say too much about what I think it's going to be like with him as President. However, I think the bigger concern may be what it would be like with Biden in charge if the unthinkable should happen to Obama...

4th Gear

^hell yea, mad easy dude, try it

3rd Gear

Originally Posted by theTTkid
im just not looking forward to the possible effect of taxes on the community i live in..

How old are you? It sounds like you've been fed a lot of rhetoric.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:04 AM
4th Gear

He (Obama) can't even talk if he doesn't have a teleprompter. Go look at that video on the first page of this thread. He isn't a smooth talked all he is is someone who writes the whole thing for him and then they polish it all up and what happens when he can't read what SOMEONE ELSE wrote? I can't talk at all!!!

Good Job America. Good Job. We are all going to have a Change for sure! To bad it's going to be change in the VERY wrong direction. I put money on it.

Josh

Old 11-05-2008, 12:07 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by sineo
How old are you? It sounds like you've been fed a lot of rhetoric.
19... possibly fed a lot of bs seeing as my step dad was a delegate for mccain... but... as we know, we may see some taxes... im not saying its going to be bad, im just saying its possible... as it wouldve been just as possible with mccain... idk.

im sure he'll be a great president, just has A LOT on his plate that he's walking into... between war and economy its going to be a mouthful...

Old 11-05-2008, 12:07 AM
3rd Gear

Don't be naive Josh, they ALL have speechwriters. If Obama is flawed (and I agree that he is), it's not because he hired writers. Of course he would.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:10 AM
4th Gear

And I am patriotic. I do my research. I am not saying all this just based off of my own little mind. Both my parents will vote for WHOEVER is the best, not just what party they are. I am the same. The taxes alone that obama is going to put in place or raise is going to hurt the country more. He says he is going to be giving the middle class tax breaks, guess who has to pick up the slack!?!?! The top 5% of the income bracket. The people in this bracket are the ones who faught hard to get there now have no big insentive anymore to continue to do well. The more money they make the more they are taxed so they can help support the middle and lower class who just sit around and do nothing (ok yes I know that there are middle class people who work hard and deserve every penny they make) but to those who don't they now get a free ride at the expense of the big players.

Josh

Old 11-05-2008, 12:11 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by sineo
Don't be naive Josh, they ALL have speechwriters. If Obama is flawed (and I agree that he is), it's not because he hired writers. Of course he would.
I realize that but it sounded like he never even read the speech before hand. I just can't believe that he could not even continue on on his speech w/out them. It's hard to get a point across in text.

Josh

Old 11-05-2008, 12:11 AM
4th Gear

^not to sound like a snot... but the reason i said i was afraid of taxes in my community is cause i fall in the top 5% that picks up the slack

Old 11-05-2008, 12:13 AM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by ThePaintballGuy
He (Obama) can't even talk if he doesn't have a teleprompter. Go look at that video on the first page of this thread. He isn't a smooth talked all he is is someone who writes the whole thing for him and then they polish it all up and what happens when he can't read what SOMEONE ELSE wrote? I can't talk at all!!!

Good Job America. Good Job. We are all going to have a Change for sure! To bad it's going to be change in the VERY wrong direction. I put money on it.

Josh
You know, in some countries, if you say things like that about the president you get hanged, stoned, beheaded, etc. Think on that for a bit.

Quick Reply: *------Election 2008------*