Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Obama or McCain?
Obama/Biden
56.86%
McCain/Palin
43.14%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

*------Election 2008------*

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:12 PM

He's been two faced this whole election! Now he says no tax raises for people who make 250,000+ but that wasn't his first proposal. The list goes on and on.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:05 AM
4th Gear

Obama changed his mind some time ago - but feels that's not the total answer.

You see that's one thing about having advisors at higher levels... they can alter your stance.

To change one's mind is ok - to flip flop is not. To say you are for something then against and then for and so on... grrrr I hate that and Kerry did it a butload.

As for the $250k level... as far as I can remember that's always been the number... where did you read otherwise?

Old 10-16-2008, 12:34 AM

I saw a list of his propsed tax increases somewhere but cant remember where the hell I saw it, otherwise I'd post it. He wanted to raise taxes on everyone to 40% if I recall it right. I'll look for it.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:18 AM
4th Gear

Name:  1223082148779.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  68.0 KB

Old 10-16-2008, 01:22 AM

^ nice.....i lol'd

Old 10-16-2008, 09:27 AM
1st Gear

Ok, I know that was a joke, but Obama isn't an Arab. His father is from Kenya, which isn't in the Middle East. He was born in the US. Even your boy McCain told that lady that he isn't an Arab.

And maybe you don't realize this, but Palin has a good chance to take over McCains office because the guy is like really old! She scares the crap out of me. She wants to make more power for herself as VP than Cheney has. She also things that the VP position doesn't fall in the Executive branch. And come on, no one has questioned that for over 200 years, until Cheney was trying to cover his a$$. When she was mayor, she charged women for the cost of preforming the rape kit administered at the hospital. She doesn't even approve of abortion in the case of incest or rape! And I'm not gonna mention the Alaska Independence Party connection because it doesn't seem to bother anyone(oops, I just did). Her church has a pray away the gay program, they speak in tongues, and have speakers talking about how he chases a witch away from his village in Kenya (apparently Kenya has witches, not Arabs). She even cut money from the Alaska Special Olympics, but she is still an advocate for parents of special needs children.

And did anyone notice that twice McCain made mention of Palin having a child with Autism? The first time one might be able to argue that he was just expanding on the topic of special needs children, but the second time he clearly said it. Her son has Downs Syndrome!

And yes, Universal Health Care isn't totally free, the money does come from somewhere. But Canada, England, France, and many other countries make it work. Maybe instead of spending 10 BILLION a week on a war, or giving millions of dollars to the health care industry every year, they could invest in something like that. As pointed out before, you would have to be a citizen in order to get this care. As it stands right now, the industry is out to make a profit. They are more worried about share holders, then the insured customers. I'm not against making money, but when it comes at the expense of everyday people, then I have an issue.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:16 PM
4th Gear

Yeah, I was wondering about the whole Autism thing - but it's hard to keep your facts straight when you have millions watching you Even Obama mentioned Autism not Downs.

As for not being an Arab - we all know that - except the extremely ignorant hate mongers - and I truly applauded McCain when he took the mic from some old white gal who said she could not trust him because Obama was an Arab.

McCain's response was admirable, "No ma'am, he's a decent, family man, a citizen that I just happen to have disagreements with." Which got him sporatic applause from the crowd.

But does that change their hate filled minds - nope. As my grandmother would say, "small minds can't handle too many thoughts". Amen, grandma, amen...

Old 10-16-2008, 01:51 PM
1st Gear

Like I said, I'll let the first one slide. They were talking about special needs kids, and he kinda went off into Autism. Autism has been getting alot of press lately. And yes, Obama mentioned Autism too. But, the second time McCain mentioned it, he said Palin was the mother of an Autistic child. I'm surprised that the media didn't pick up on that.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:19 PM
4th Gear

With all due respect that's petty crap.

It's not like he committed some Bushism or something

Old 10-16-2008, 03:31 PM
1st Gear

I totally agree with that. There is alot of stuff they have to remember, and it can be hard to get things straight. But, he was talking about Autism, and said she was the parent of an Autistic child. He wasn't talking about Down Syndrome, and then saying Autism on accident. Maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but I think he should know what his running mates child has.

Quick Reply: *------Election 2008------*