Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Obama or McCain?
Obama/Biden
56.86%
McCain/Palin
43.14%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

*------Election 2008------*

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 10:49 AM
1st Gear

I know this quote is a little late, but I had to add this:

Originally Posted by Bogie
Just something CLX and a few other proud American gun-carrying enthusiasts here already know, why gun control laws won't work and will do more harm than good.

Soviet Union established gun control. 20 million dissidentsb unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------
Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917 1.5 million Armenians unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
---------------------------
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952 20 million political dissidents unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ----------------------------
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981 100,000 Mayan Indians unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977 one million 'educated' people unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

During W.W.II the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

Admiral Yamamoto who crafted the attack on Pearl Harbor had attended Harvard U 1919-1921 & was Naval Attacheto the U. S. 1925-28.
Most of our Navy was destroyed at Pearl Harbor & our Army had been deprived of funding & was ill prepared to defend the country.

It was reported that when asked why Japan did not follow up the Pearl Harbor attack with an invasion of the U. S. Mainland, his reply was that he had lived in the U. S. & knew that almost all households had guns.
Even if all of those figures are correct, you are going to compare the United States to all of those countries? Those that I have quoted have a long history of conflict and human rights violations. If you really think that the US gov would exterminate its people like that, maybe you shouldn't be living here. And its funny that you bring up Turkey, because our own government doesn't acknowledge the slaughter of all of those Armenians because of the oil and other things that we get from them.

And the thing about Japan is the stupidest thing I have read since the last time I read it. This was a army that believed that to die in battle was the most noble thing to do for ones country. They had pilots fly their planes into US ships for crying out loud. Do you really think that a few Californians with guns really scared them? Maybe now, but not then. j/k.

And you also said that Obama supports gay marriage. He does not. He and Biden and Palin agree that they should be allowed visitation in hospitals and mutual ownership of houses and other basic rights to couples. I for one support it, they should be allowed to be as miserable as the rest of the country. j/k

Palin does not support abortion is cases of rape or even incest. In Alaska, she even charged rape victims for the cost of the rape kits that were administered to them. WTF is that all about?!

Oh yeah, I just remembered. Japan did land on a island off the coast of Alaska. There was a long bitter battle between them and our soldiers. The Japanese were destroyed. If you don't believe me, look it up. I saw a special on it on the History Channel several months back.

Last edited by TommyGunns; 10-08-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Zombie Defense Force

i will never surrender my guns

Old 10-08-2008, 12:11 PM
4th Gear

neither will I.

But as I mentioned before - gun ownership is a Constitutional Right afforded by the 2nd Amendment.

As of this date, no Constitutional Right has been revoked - though the Bush/Cheney admin tried real hard to restrict Amendments 1, 4, 5, 8 and 9 with the Patriot Act of 02. It's being reviewed as we speak.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:48 PM
1st Gear

Its kinda funny that so many people didn't have a problem with the illegal search and seizure, trial by jury, and cruel and unusual punishment part. People are willing to give up those rights, but not the right to carry around and Tech 9 for 'self defense.' I think people have had their priorities mixed up.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Site Moderator

People realize so many things are out of their control so they cling to protecting their own which is priority #1.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:29 PM
4th Gear

America was founded by "individualistic outcasts".

That mentality has stayed with us ever since.

The freedoms the Bill of Rights (Amendments 1 thru 10) outline the same ideas that even though we are a nation, we still are free to enjoy life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as an individual.

Now here's the rub. The laws are suppose to be designed in effect to keep others from infringing on those rights. The system starts blurring the meaning and where one's rights differs from the next.

Fortunately, the Supreme Court has done a pretty good job of interpretting the Constitution, the Bill of Rights within, and all other considered Amendments. Though they have changed one way or the next, they pretty much accurrately reflect our times.

As for carrying a Tech 9, Mac-10, Uzi or some other machine pistol - that's rediculous. No one needs to own something close to military grade firepower - that is except the military, of course.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:29 PM
1st Gear

If the US government didn't keep the population in fear all the time, maybe people wouldn't need to think they need to carry a gun all the time. Personally, I do not feel safe around guns. I was brought up safely without a gun in the house, and my kids are gonna have it the same way. I don't even want my kids to be in a house that has guns, unless I'm there.

Ever wonder if this is what they really meant?

Last edited by TommyGunns; 10-08-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:47 PM
4th Gear

In an ideal world, yeah, it would be nice not own a weapon.

But in certain neighborhoods and cities - I can easily relate with those that feel the need for protection.

Speaking only for myself, I own several weapons, 12 gauge, .22 rifle and pistol, 2 9mm pistols and a .40 cal semi auto. Around here there are numerous home invasions and in my line of work, I don't make alot of friends. We have recieved numerous threats - both in person and telephonically. Once our front office glass door was firebombed.

So you see, I have chosen to arm myself and in turn educated my family about the weapons. I take great care to keep them out of harms way of them.

But if we move to idealic community away from the dregs of society - perhaps I'll just keep the .22's and dispose of the rest - who knows... but I might just keep the 12 gauge and .40 cal incase of zombie attack

Old 10-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Guru

It's nice to live in an ideal neighborhood isn't it? My father is federal LE and has booked many serious national criminals. He keeps his duty pistol and a shotgun in the house and has taken the time to educate myself and my mother on the PROPER and SAFE operation of guns. He also keeps them locked up and unloaded when he doesn't use them. If one of these criminals should ever find out where he lives, not having adequate protection could spell the end to his family or himself. Preparedness is not paranoia. Pray for peace, train for war. Semper paratus.

BTW if anyone is curious, factcheck.org is a good website for objective info on the two candidates.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Guru

Here's a good quote I found on the gun control topic. Who said it may shock you, then again it may not: "This year will go down in history. For the first time in history a civilizied nation will have full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" - Adolf Hitler, 1935

Quick Reply: *------Election 2008------*