Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Obama or McCain?
Obama/Biden
56.86%
McCain/Palin
43.14%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

*------Election 2008------*

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Site Moderator

I'm not a huge debator, mainly because I have yet to make up my mind on how I feel about so many issues. But I can say with full confidence that Biden scores huge with me on simple straight talk, show of emotion, etc. Last night Palin reminded me of how I performed while giving a best man speech that I had rehearsed for 2 weeks straight. Sounded good, but rehearsed and not very natural. Most all things seem to come so naturally with Biden. I think he'd make a great VP or president. Palin, neither.... For me.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:52 PM
4th Gear

Palin scored good. She skillfully dodged over 70% of the questions asked. Now that is a true politician. In this debate forum she did well. One on one interviews where she receives follow-up questions - she can't dodge them like we saw in the Couric interviews.

Now I'm curious if she'll do any more interviews between now and Nov 3. My guess is no - unless it's with a conservative talk show host like Hannity, Bill-O or Limbaugh.

What struck me as odd was her demeanor. It was cutesy and flippant at times. Her speaches were well rehearshed - loved how she would give a short answer to the question and then go straight into talking points about something entirely different... lol...

Now Biden did the opposite and thus played right into her hands. Think he was too worried coming across as a bully.

But personally I think Palin won on style and Biden on substance.

Shame, I was really wanting to see a meltdown... lol... oh well. Win or lose we'll be seeing more of Palin down the road.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:10 PM
4th Gear

palin cuz she seemed to talk more about what she was going when she becomes vp Biden just kept talkin about mccain i dont want to hear about how bad he is or wahtever i want to hear bout waht he is going to do when he gets elected. Mccain palin

Old 10-03-2008, 04:32 PM
4th Gear

But that's what the VP debate is suppose to do.

You are the second fiddle on the ticket - VP's don't matter as much as the head. So talking up you're lead and pointing out the weakness of the opposing parties lead is key to the VP debate.

Not with Palin - she talked about herself and once even mentioned that the VP needs more power and authority! lol... think Cheney got enough of that.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Site Moderator

Yeah I can't lie, I wanted to see palin go down in flames like in the couric interview. She held herself together pretty well, but the folksy joe 6 pack/hockey mom routine was extremely unnatural and totaly anticipated. After watching the debate a 2nd time I was able to pick up more easily on how she dodged questions, or was quick to answer and then change the topic COMPLETELY. I simply can't get enough of Joe's "number one... and number two" way of answering questions. Overall I saw very broad and vague answers from Palin, and very direct and reason backed answers from Biden. She sure is a whole lot more fun to look at, but I find myself quickly becoming a Biden freak. He seems to truly have the interests of middle america in mind. There is just something so genuine about him while there is something so scripted and programed about her. It's hard to speak in detail about Palin because she gives so little specifics when talking... Other than the pro life stuff, I still am unsure about what her genuine cause is.

Last edited by onepoint8tee; 10-03-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:00 PM
4th Gear

***** WARNING SPIN *****

LOL... just watched an interview Palin did on Fox Noise.

When asked about her Couric interviewed she said she was annoyed with Katie and pressured to answer questions that didn't focus on the issues... lol

***** SPIN CYCLE STOPPED *****

Sorry, Sarah, the whole reason for the interview is to get to know what you are all about. You've only been on the national political scene for a month! We haven't a clue as to where you get your knowledge of world affairs from! And living closer to Russia than the rest of us doesn't cut it.

And this lame excuse comes a BA journalist major?!?! C'mon, Sarah! This is not a personality contest! Giving pat, rehearsed answers at a beauty pagent. This is national level govenrment!

Washington DC has nearly as much people as the whole state of Alaska - and if you count the commuters chaulk it up to a million in a work week!

And the excuse that mentioning your reading material is a false endorsement of a periodical - lol... give it a break!

I'm sorry! That's as lame as it gets. Couric's a respected journalist and even went so far as to edit out McCain's missteps during her interview with him and got exposed for it. She asked honest straight forward questions and you came up looking like a hockey mom - which you are - nothing more. Not an informed leader.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Site Moderator

Lets not even talk about how she repetitively mangled the pronunciation of "nuclear." That in itself is sort of discomforting. You betcha!

Old 10-04-2008, 10:21 AM
3rd Gear

I'm assuming most government leaders have better sources for information for national and world news and events than CNBC or CNN or the New York Times. If that were the case, basically the (liberal) media would control the world in only telling them the news they want broadcasted and from their (biased) views. Hell, CNBC refused to broadcast for the longest time that the surge in Iraq had been successful and that the US was Winning there. There is no such thing as an unbiased news source.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:26 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Ph3N0m
The list provided with yes no's is actually y I'm voting for Obama, not y I wouldn't. Republicans don't want to control your money, which is cool, but they'll tell you that if your dad's a petterass and knocks you up you can't have an abortion(?)(CRAZY).
Wouldn't it be better after Obama takes away gun ownership rights that when Daddy tries to rape Janie, Janie doesn't have a gun to protect herself?

Old 10-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Site Moderator

All seriousness and maturity asside... and as much as I hate bumper stickers... i might rock this

Quick Reply: *------Election 2008------*