Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 08:20 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!

ORIGINAL: JohnnyBravoA4

fluff press release, what do you want its only 150 words.. I should get an A for originality and the fact that its a documented problem.. read through the WSJ..
You say it's a documented problem, then say you are original? Your ONLY point was that Audi needs to separate it self from VW. You never said what you would do, you just talked about the problem, there was no solution. So you missed the basic idea of the essay.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:26 PM
1st Gear

[sm=owned.gif] haha...jk jk

Old 03-05-2007, 08:36 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Amze

I feel it needs to be judged by more than one "mind".... But whatever, grats to you baconbaits.

It just seems like he went in there and graded them before I could process what was going on.
Before your submission, maybe you should have read the rules, it was to be judged, by me, it's just that you didn't like the answer doesn't make it false.

Who was the one who was telling me to "hurry up" you can't wait any more? What's so hard to process? I read, I read again, I think about the outcome, & how realistic the ideas were.

Your ideas were not very original, so just dump models, only quattro, add more HP. You know you want to change all the dealers, but they are all privately owned, and not owned by Audi. What line doesn't come with Quattro? What line would you drop? How would you add more HP? Audi doesn't rally anymore, it's been a LONG LONG time. It's hard to bring a marketing campaign from facts that are over 20yo. No one would care. A little more details would have been nice.

I read them in order they were submitted, so they were graded as they came, and I just gave it the grade I thought it deserved on it's own, not comparing it to any of the others.
Baconbaite, said what he would do, & how he would do it. Everything was realistic, & achievable.

Sorry if you don't like the decision, but it has been made, you whining about it, just makes you a sore looser. Maybe you should have taken all this energy & put it into your essay.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:30 PM
4th Gear

Meh, I wouldn't say I whined enough for you to backfire with an ******* post. I won't even go back at you and stoop to your level. I said grats baconbaits, and that I felt it was graded in 30 minuets... I said hurry hurry, cause it was like 9-10 hours after the competition had actually ended, and the winner still wasn't picked.

I guess I'll wait till next months competition. One question though, are people allowed to win 2 months in a row? Or will the item go to a different person each month?

So that way people will give quality if they really want that particular item, knowing they won't have a shot at next months prize.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:20 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Amze
Meh, I wouldn't say I whined enough for you to backfire with an ******* post. I won't even go back at you and stoop to your level. I said grats baconbaits, and that I felt it was graded in 30 minuets... I said hurry hurry, cause it was like 9-10 hours after the competition had actually ended, and the winner still wasn't picked.

I guess I'll wait till next months competition. One question though, are people allowed to win 2 months in a row? Or will the item go to a different person each month?

So that way people will give quality if they really want that particular item, knowing they won't have a shot at next months prize.
Well, I never called you any names, & don't think my post was out of line at all. It was judged & you lost. Some one had to be the judge, and some one has to win & loose.

As a judge, I do not need to defend my self, or give you any reasons for my decisions. I did what I thought was fair & just. So you are upset that it took me 30min to read 5 150w essays? How long should it have taken me?

It was a simple contest, & you didn't put in the effort, and are very sore that you lost, I told you why it didn't win. What more do you want?

YOU LOST, GET OVER IT & MOVE ON!

PS, stop the name calling, it's really not a smart thing to do to a Moderator, & some one who might judge another contest.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:27 PM
4th Gear

Oh, so now as a Judge you will make decisions based on personal relationships... nhicceee call. Way to let us know you do that sort of stuff. And as I said before, I wouldn't call myself that much of a sore loser, I also feel that out of all the essays baconbaits was very intelligent and written well. It's just you seemed to do them with little thought, but mabye your capable of doing that. And thats cool... Clearly your the sore loser, getting all butt hurt and now making not only one, but two threats. Sweet deal, I'd like to think your younger than me, but I doubt thats the case. Pathetic pathetic... sigh.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Administrator

Amze, I am going to have toside with 2k S4 on this one. So please stop trying to ruin something that was created by members for members. He did an Excellentjob of grading the essays that he said he would grade and provided a reason of why he gave them the grades he did. Its not like he is some college proffessor, he is doing this with his own time.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:39 AM
4th Gear

I'm done.. Got ya.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:21 AM
Senior Administrator

Ohhhhhhh, kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy....

Next contest WILL be less subjective, OK?

FTR, I *asked* 2k s4 to judge PRECISELY because he's opinionated. FWIW, I have YET to know any pompus, opinionated (no offense 2K) jerk... uh, FOLKS who would LET friendships OR personal relationships interfere with their opinions. WHich meant, even if *I* had submitted (who asked him to judge), or bentframe (who OWNS the item we were competing for), or his favorite Sister (i, uhhh, don't know if he has any siblings, but you guys get the point, I'm sure) had entered, they would have been judged on their merits, NOT *his* need for acceptance... I only *know* him from his postings, here, but I'd be willing to bet MY CAR that he don't NEED anybody's validation but his own!!!

And, inasmuch as these items are the personal property of whomever (the next few will be MINE, in case anybdy's wondering) "sponsors" our "unOfficial" contest, it will be up to the "sponsor" to determine things like eligibility (if one can win more than once-in-a-row, of instance), and qualifications (only lefty's/member for 15-years/DSL's/prematurely canntankerous/etc...) for each contest. Hey, if YOU want to control the rules DONATE SOMETHING TO THE CAUSE!!!

Not tryN ta be harsh, just real, and fair.

Nothing against 2k s4, but he will prolly not be teh judge for the next contest. He *fit* what was needed, for this one, VERY WELL, I might add. And, NO, his MOD-status had nothing to do with it. But, if/when we have another ES-SAY contest, his Mexican-heritage WILL come in handy, again Viva la RAZA!!!

This is intended to be done in good fun. It cost NOTHING but your time and a little thought, to win. If you dint win, I'm genuinelysorry!!! Better luck next time. If everybody cud win it wudnt be a contest, would it? Don't be sour grappes, that's how fun stuff gets banned (remember the thong thread, old heads?).

AMze, STOP running up and down teh hall with those scissors, PLEASE!!! It's ALL fun & games until SOMEONE loses an eye... Then it's ONE-EYED fun & games!!!

Old 03-06-2007, 01:31 AM
4th Gear

haha, I hear ya!

Sounds good, can't wait till next month to see what the contest will be...! Perhaps who can make the coolest video in a 10 second clip using there audi! Not that I'd wanna see what insanely dumb sh*t people will come up with, haha.

Quick Reply: An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!