Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!

2K S4 agreed to judge, it's HIS call

Old 03-05-2007, 10:27 AM
4th Gear

THIS IS INTENSE! HURRY!

Old 03-05-2007, 01:52 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: BaconBait

If I were in charge at Audi, I would continue the direction of the LeMans racing team, introduce a WRC rally car, contribute more towards SCCA type racing, and make only one super car. The LeMans team has introduced technology to the sport that had never been used before. I want to continue finding more ways to get an advantage and pass it to production vehicles. We now have a production 2.0L motor, why not enter WRC? quattro was born from rally racing, it's only right that it be continued. Audi has been promoting more SCCA events, but I’d like to sponsor a wider range to show that Audis can perform as well as they look. This may make people cringe, but making only one super car, would help the company’s focus on creating cars that perform well. Branching out too far may cloud the consumer’s conception of the company.
B+ would have been a A, but only one super car?[>:]

Old 03-05-2007, 01:53 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

well i for one vote for the doobie-rolling contest

but since its a 150 word essay you want, here ya go:

If I were in charge at Audi, I would kick back in my office and roll a really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really big blunt. Then I would call Jazz up and hire him to run the company for me (extremely well paid of course), since I bet he could run the company WAY better than me. Then I would just kick back and enjoy all the perks, like driving an A8 W12 anytime I wanted[:-]
D-

Old 03-05-2007, 01:55 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Amze

My Essay:

If I were in charge of Audi, I would only offer Quattro on all the cars under production. I would ensure all customers issues are catered to and taken care of to the best of my ability. I would have every dealership run the same, and let all managers know “Customers Firstâ€. I would continue advertising Audi through its achievements in racing and rallying. I’d add more standard horse power to most models; the A4 would be more comparable to the 3 series than it currently is. I’d get our name out there as much as possible, and try to make Audi a known name to all Americans. I would also shrink our car production as a whole; I feel there are a few un-needed cars currently being built. I would do away with certain classes to perfect the remaining cars performance and luxury, leaving our vehicles with fewer faults.
B

Old 03-05-2007, 01:56 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

If I were in charge of Audi, I would establish a racing division and launch a new campaign into the WRC. Knowing that Quattro dominates all, it would be great for marketing and sales. The R8 is a good step in the right direction of competing with high end luxury sports cars but it’s only the first few steps on a ladder that doesn’t have a top.
I would offer all cars in 6 speed manual transmissions as an option so those who are inspired to drive an S8 will be able to feel the passion when they shift gears through a gated 6 speed manual transmission.
I would push the launch date of the B8 chassis out for a number of years, knowing that there was great success with the B5 because it ran so long (5 years). Owners of the older B5’s did not feel like they were driving around in an outdated car due to the fact that the current chassis was what they had.
Although this may hurt sales somewhat, with the release of the new lineup (R8, A5/S5, and the A7) the new models should help out in this matter. Also production of replacement parts will be cheaper since we can start making OEM replacement parts to fit more cars.
Didn't count the words, so some one else can.

What no 6sp TIPS? Where is the TIP love? I love cheaper parts!

B

Old 03-05-2007, 01:58 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: b.hasz

If I were in charge at Audi, *I* would bring back the 2.7 V6 S4 twin turbo. I believe that consumers should have the option of choosing the new V8 or the older V6 turbo. Another thing that I would do is make ALL Audi’s all wheel drive, I believe that it is much better to have AWD and Audi is know for their AWD system. I believe that handling in a car is very very important. The AWD system makes the car drive much better than many other car’s on the road and it is very useful when the roads are wet/icy. And I would try to make RS4’s cheaper for all those Audi fans who would like one but it is just out of their price range. And last I would get myself a new RS4 and R8. That is all. Thank you for your time.
I LOVE the 2.7t, but you should have made it better with stock K04's & FSI!!![X(]

B

Old 03-05-2007, 02:00 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: JohnnyBravoA4

well im going to bed so here is my entry..

If I were in charge at Audi, *I* would try to diffuse how many people (non Enthusiasts) perceive Audi to be anonymous in the U.S. One of the biggest challenges Audi faces is how it does not get the notice it deserved. Now that VW is merging into the luxury sector, offering more options and higher priced vehicles it has left Audi with an identity crisis. Piech had said VW would be luxury, while Audi would offer sport. To really achieve such a standard it would change the character of the Audi brand that we have all grown to love. Also, with the growing trend of AWD in the industry Audi need to look towards new innovations to set it-self apart like it has in the past. Audi has been the perfect balance between luxury and performance. With that being said its time to reintroduce this reality to the public.
I didn't expect this from a post *****. But very well written. To bad you are lacking content. It's like a fluff press release.

B-

Old 03-05-2007, 02:01 PM
4th Gear

So does baconbaits win?

I'm a little confused... Is that the final call?!

Old 03-05-2007, 02:02 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: 98A4TQ

If I were in charge at Audi, *I* would take better care of the customers when you need to use the dealership. Customers who utilize the parts department for instance. Just because some customers can repair their vehicles themselves, It doesn't mean our parts have to come with a snobby attitude. Also I would be more true and realistic about the lifetime parts and fluids on the vehicles. This would ensure your vehicles actually last a true lifetime. Automatic transmission fluid and fuel filters that last a lifetime are a joke. I would add those services into our basic maintenance service schedule. I would add performance speed shops to all dealership parts departments with installation available. I'd add the ability to upgrade new purchases without voiding the warranty.All in all I think taking care of our customers is a priority and offering additional services will help with brand excitement.
Yes, lifetime filters are a joke, but help the bottom line. We all like to go faster
B-

Quick Reply: An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!