Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 10:35 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!

What is the deadline for applicants? This coming Sunday? A week is a good amount of time for every regular AF member to see this thread and write an essay. Be sure to let us know. Thanks

-Amze

Old 02-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Amze

What is the deadline for applicants? This coming Sunday? A week is a good amount of time for every regular AF member to see this thread and write an essay. Be sure to let us know. Thanks

-Amze
I already did

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

Mebbee I shud pick sunthin that doesn't involve actual thought...

doob-rooling contest... NAH!

most AIR in a B4/5/6... NAH!

most PEOPLE in a B4/5/6... I'll get back to you guys on that one...
OK, so, pics are up, and you not only know WHAT it looks like, but WHO builttit, too...

We've got 2 entrants, so far (in case you haven't already guessed it WILL be a 150 word essay, and, as mentioned, I've spotted you the 1st 9 words.)

spelinq COUNTS, so do grammer (no, not yer mom's mom, I mean HOW you use the words you use) and punctuation. I forgot to pm @k S4 to see if he's on board, but I'll do that NOW!

we need a contest end date:
MIDNIGHT, EasternStandardTime (cuz, that's teh timezone *I'M* in, DUH!), Sunday, 4March2007...

Winner posted and PM'd sometime on Monday. It WILL be up to the winner to arrange for shipping and/or collection of his/her prize. NO EXCEPTIONS! You want it, you figure out how to get it.

Anybody have any items (clean out your closets/attics/garages, BUT, no junk, PLEASE.)they want to donate to the AF contest pool,email me (same s/n @ gmail)w/pics and we'll set some follow-on contests (ummm... 1 per month sounds good, to me). Unless it's something rilly choice, lets try to limit it to Audi crap you've accumulated, but want to unload on unsuspecting... OOPS, meant fellow AFers

Old 02-27-2007, 01:04 PM
4th Gear

Oh sorry! My fault[&:]

How did I miss that.... wow.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:22 PM
5th Gear

you also have to have been a member for at least....a month?

Old 02-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Senior Administrator

Your box, your rules.

You hafta have been a member for at least 1 MONTH, PRIOR to entering the contest (so, if you joined 3-1/2 weeks ago, you're still in the window, by the time the contest ends)

Just so you all know, *I* plan on offering up a couple of little jewels, myself, from my very own bin of discarded Audi stuffage. I will be offering a set of rear-brake pads (I gotta check to see what fitments the accommodate), that I misordered (NIB, unopened). On two separate occassions (I called myself being smart and ordering ahead... apparently I'm not *that* smart, after all, huh?), which means two separate contests for each of two sets. I paid, I think, like, $50.00 (incl shipping), two years ago, for both, so they're worth approx $0.00 to me because they don't FIT MY CAR!!![:@]

PLUS, this is the spring when I'll finally swap out my 6-CD changer for my PhatBox, so I'll have another contest for THAT The CD changer, sans (means WITHOUT)wiring harnes but including teh 6-CD cartridge (sans CD's, of course), in case anybody is needful of one.

So far, no one has emailed me with notice of anything they might want to donate to the fun & games, here on AF, but if they DO, I'll make sure and list them. Unless someone has something choice to add to our list, the Brake Pads, CD-Changer, and Brake Padss will go in April, May, and June, respectively...

For those with items (for our CARS only, please) to donate to teh AF contest clearinghouse, email pics & a description to me (same screenname, @ gmail) and we'll get them into teh rotation, aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiGHT?!?!?!?

Old 02-27-2007, 06:20 PM
5th Gear

Your box, your rules.
i love when you talk dirty to me, jazz

Old 02-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Senior Administrator

^^^yeah, well, I just hope your BOX is CLEAN and FRESH, before you go giving it away to whomever has teh best RAP game goin'!!! You did say your box could handle 10", right? Maybe I *WILL* compete, after all... HMMMM!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 07:00 PM
5th Gear

^^^yeah, well, I just hope your BOX is CLEAN and FRESH, before you go giving it away to whomever has teh best RAP game goin'!!! You did say your box could handle 10", right? Maybe I *WILL* compete, after all... HMMMM!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 07:25 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: bentframe

you also have to have been a member for at least....a month?
I almost got four months under my belt

Old 02-27-2007, 07:30 PM

dont worry a life time will soon follow

Quick Reply: An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!