Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

Mebbee I shud pick sunthin that doesn't involve actual thought...

doob-rooling contest... NAH!

most AIR in a B4/5/6... NAH!

most PEOPLE in a B4/5/6... I'll get back to you guys on that one...
OK, so, pics are up, and you not only know WHAT it looks like, but WHO builttit, too...

We've got 2 entrants, so far (in case you haven't already guessed it WILL be a 150 word essay, and, as mentioned, I've spotted you the 1st 9 words.)

spelinq COUNTS, so do grammer (no, not yer mom's mom, I mean HOW you use the words you use) and punctuation. I forgot to pm @k S4 to see if he's on board, but I'll do that NOW!

we need a contest end date:
MIDNIGHT, EasternStandardTime (cuz, that's teh timezone *I'M* in, DUH!), Sunday, 4March2007...

Winner posted and PM'd sometime on Monday. It WILL be up to the winner to arrange for shipping and/or collection of his/her prize. NO EXCEPTIONS! You want it, you figure out how to get it.

Anybody have any items (clean out your closets/attics/garages, BUT, no junk, PLEASE.)they want to donate to the AF contest pool,email me (same s/n @ gmail)w/pics and we'll set some follow-on contests (ummm... 1 per month sounds good, to me). Unless it's something rilly choice, lets try to limit it to Audi crap you've accumulated, but want to unload on unsuspecting... OOPS, meant fellow AFers

Old 02-26-2007, 07:59 PM
4th Gear

My Essay:

If I were in charge of Audi, I would only offer Quattro on all the cars under production. I would ensure all customers issues are catered to and taken care of to the best of my ability. I would have every dealership run the same, and let all managers know “Customers First”. I would continue advertising Audi through its achievements in racing and rallying. I’d add more standard horse power to most models; the A4 would be more comparable to the 3 series than it currently is. I’d get our name out there as much as possible, and try to make Audi a known name to all Americans. I would also shrink our car production as a whole; I feel there are a few un-needed cars currently being built. I would do away with certain classes to perfect the remaining cars performance and luxury, leaving our vehicles with fewer faults.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:36 PM
1st Gear

^^^^^ +1 about the whole production part

Old 02-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: NJ@BoroKidA6

^^^^^ +1 about the whole production part
You're about 144 words short, Vato!

Old 02-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Administrator

If I were in charge of Audi, I would establish a racing division and launch a new campaign into the WRC. Knowing that Quattro dominates all, it would be great for marketing and sales. The R8 is a good step in the right direction of competing with high end luxury sports cars but it’s only the first few steps on a ladder that doesn’t have a top.
I would offer all cars in 6 speed manual transmissions as an option so those who are inspired to drive an S8 will be able to feel the passion when they shift gears through a gated 6 speed manual transmission.
I would push the launch date of the B8 chassis out for a number of years, knowing that there was great success with the B5 because it ran so long (5 years). Owners of the older B5’s did not feel like they were driving around in an outdated car due to the fact that the current chassis was what they had.
Although this may hurt sales somewhat, with the release of the new lineup (R8, A5/S5, and the A7) the new models should help out in this matter. Also production of replacement parts will be cheaper since we can start making OEM replacement parts to fit more cars.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:41 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

***2K S4, based on your PASSION for clobbering I-D-10-t's, I'd like to ask you to be the final arbiter of who's essay is teh winning entry. If He Declines (maybe he wants to join teh competition), then I'll be the Judge.

Spelling AND grammer DO count. sew, ewe mite wanna rhun spelcheq befor yu submitt yore werk.
Sure, I'll give my biased thoughts on it.

You should reread your post about spelling & grammar. [:@]

Old 02-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Senior Administrator

That's a BIG PART of why I will NOT be submitting an essay for this competition. Well, that, plus I drive a D2.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:25 AM
3rd Gear

yea but those posts didnt require me to think
ORIGINAL: Redgoat

Dude its 150 word essay the 3 posts you have saying you want it.. are 100 words together.. LOL

Old 02-27-2007, 12:28 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: JohnnyBravoA4

yea but those posts didnt require me to think
ORIGINAL: Redgoat

Dude its 150 word essay the 3 posts you have saying you want it.. are 100 words together.. LOL
so, post a couple more times, cut & paste it all together, and re-submit... DUH! Oh, yeah, the whole "no-thinking" thing, right? Sorry!

Old 02-27-2007, 10:34 AM
4th Gear

haha, AWD

Quick Reply: An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!