Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 07:39 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!

ORIGINAL: 2k S4

ORIGINAL: Amze

Oh, so now as a Judge you will make decisions based on personal relationships... nhicceee call. Way to let us know you do that sort of stuff. And as I said before, I wouldn't call myself that much of a sore loser, I also feel that out of all the essays baconbaits was very intelligent and written well. It's just you seemed to do them with little thought, but mabye your capable of doing that. And thats cool... Clearly your the sore loser, getting all butt hurt and now making not only one, but two threats. Sweet deal, I'd like to think your younger than me, but I doubt thats the case. Pathetic pathetic... sigh.
Did I base anything on my personal relationships? FWIW, Redgoat is a personal friend of mine, and he didn't win. No where did I threaten you, I mearly pointed out, that bashing a judge about his decision is just wrong, it shows poor sportsmanship, how immature & self important you are.

How am I sore? I did what was asked of me, & I had nothing to win or loose. In all of this I have at least kept my pride, & not sorted to name calling, and pettiness.

You wonder why people don't do contest like this, it's sorrily due to the petty & disgruntled losers.

You did threaten me with your Moderater "powers" And redgoat wasn't allowed to win, he was 60 something words over... and thats my defense..... I'm happy your such a cool prideful guy who is above all of us, real e-thug.

Old 03-06-2007, 07:45 PM
3rd Gear

I dont want to get in the middle of this (awdaholic there is another one of those lines lol) in Amze's defence 2k s4 did make sure it was know he was a mod as far as threatening that is up to interperatation.. maybe we could right an essay about it.. lol.. yea im chill i dont really care, i just wanted to make a point, I made that point a few times.. if it makes me look like a sore looser then so be it.. News flash I dont like to loose.. been a athlete all my life, i dont even let my GF win at mini golf..

Old 03-06-2007, 07:51 PM
4th Gear

Yeah, I definitly don't like to lose at certain things... I wouldn't say a essay is one of them, I wouldn't consider myself or Johnny "Sore losers" though your using that label very freely and its pretty damn annoying. Kinda makes you seem like your some immortal tool bag who is better than everyone, and has no emotions or something. We hardly bitched, we noted stuff that we felt was done wrong, and hopefully stuff will get taken care of. Simple as that. Really is. So please sk s4 be the big great man that you are and stop responding with way over the top harsh post about what "Sore Losers" we are. Not to mention you claimed I swore at you, when I said your post was "*** holish" that doesn't mean you are one, that means how you came off was way not cool...

-Amze

Old 03-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Senior Administrator

OK, we need to put this particular aspect of our "unclean" side to bed, at least until the end of March, when we'll get to see it rear it's ugly head again, for our next contest.

Since bacon (I just love calling him that) had graciously agreed to recuse himself from collecting his winnings, it THEREFORE stands to reason that the second place winner now has teh option of accepting or rejecting the one and only prize, for this contest...

The grades are, as previously posted:
baconbait - B+ (recused, and declined prize winnings)
chaos92287 - D- (perhaps his HIGHEST grade EVER, I'm guessing)
Amze - B (with bb's recusal, our *NEW* co-winner, because...)
redgoat - B (DQ'd due to failing to meet contest requirements, however...)
b.hasz - B (our other *NEW* co-winner, and you guys are gonna LOVE how we break this tie...)
JohnnyBravoA4 - B- (whu knoo Jocks cud rite!!!)
edyt: oops, for got one...
98A4TQ - B- (not bad for a relative newcomer)

OK, our tie-breaker, in a minute. First, how to judge our little diversions, going forward. Two options:
[ol][*]We continue to leave it up to Jazz (the AWDaholic) to pick our judges, based on his astute judge of character, or[*]Each contests winner becomes the one AND ONLY judge for the next contest...[/ol]
your thoughts?

OK, teh tie-breaker. Each of you (Amze & b.hasz) has until noon, eastern standard time, Friday 9 Mar 07 to provide REBUTTAL to the others essay. Basically ARGUE them DOWN! For this tiebreaker *I* will be the final arbiter, since I've had very limited interactions with either of you I believe I can be un-biased in deciding who has the more convincing counterpoint.

Ready...
Set...
GO!!!

Old 03-06-2007, 08:43 PM
1st Gear

lo siento mis amigos.
i honestly wasn't trying. it just comes naturally.
sorry for any hurt feelings, next time I'll keep my mouth shut tight!

Old 03-06-2007, 08:57 PM
1st Gear

i like the winner being the judge of the next contest.

or just contests with less subjectivity. perhaps the first person to respond correctly to a trivia question? or an internet scavenger hunt as you said.
possibilities are limitless!

Old 03-06-2007, 09:05 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: b.hasz

If I were in charge at Audi, *I* would bring back the 2.7 V6 S4 twin turbo. I believe that consumers should have the option of choosing the new V8 or the older V6 turbo. Another thing that I would do is make ALL Audi’s all wheel drive, I believe that it is much better to have AWD and Audi is know for their AWD system. I believe that handling in a car is very very important. The AWD system makes the car drive much better than many other car’s on the road and it is very useful when the roads are wet/icy. And I would try to make RS4’s cheaper for all those Audi fans who would like one but it is just out of their price range. And last I would get myself a new RS4 and R8. That is all. Thank you for your time.

First of all I don't see why you'd bring back the V6 S4, I think it'd be a bad call because you'd have to spend more money for different parts and then you'd be trying to sell TWO S4's which are already expensive and not common to see on the road, you have to go one way or the other and why not charge a couple more thousand for a V8. If you sold two S4's, you'd be losing money because either the V6 or the V8 would be bought more depending on the price difference they have, I don't think you could make the gap big enough for someone who’s already willing to spend $50,000 dollars not go with a V8. Two models force you to focus in on two different engines and would give Audi another car to deal with and more faults to sort out. Over all I don't think thats a realistic move or good for the over all "well being" of the company.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:06 PM
4th Gear

Ohhh this is fun, and I'm writing a Word doc full of dirt!

Old 03-06-2007, 09:35 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: b.hasz

If I were in charge at Audi, *I* would bring back the 2.7 V6 S4 twin turbo. I believe that consumers should have the option of choosing the new V8 or the older V6 turbo. Another thing that I would do is make ALL Audi’s all wheel drive, I believe that it is much better to have AWD and Audi is know for their AWD system. I believe that handling in a car is very very important. The AWD system makes the car drive much better than many other car’s on the road and it is very useful when the roads are wet/icy. And I would try to make RS4’s cheaper for all those Audi fans who would like one but it is just out of their price range. And last I would get myself a new RS4 and R8. That is all. Thank you for your time.

I am also curious as to how you'd make a RS4 ($66,000) any cheaper, well cheap enough for any joe schmoe to own anyway. The RS4 with premium packaging runs you $77,000 which is an incredibly great price for what you get. Not only do you get a top of the line Bose sound system, navigation, sports seats, 6 Speed… but you also get a car pushing out 420 horse power with a Rev limiter of 8k. The RS4 is “Luxury meets sports car” by definition. The BMW (Our Rival, might I add) has 3 different 7 series cars, the cheapest one ‘750i’ which has a measly 360Hp in comparison, cost ($75,800) STOCK! Now if you want the sports package which gives you rims, suspension that’s another $3,000… then there’s audio, it’s another $1,800 for that. So for a car with 60 less horsepower, similar luxury (more space), no AWD. You’re looking at almost $10,000 more stock and $6,000 more with similar upgrades. Not to mention Audi offers a faster car and an anti-douche package that naturally comes with it. Now remember that’s the difference in BMW’S cheapest 7 series car. The next two up, ‘750Li’ ($78,900 stock) with 360hp, just a little longer than its brother the ‘750i’ and the ‘760Li’ (a whooping $122,000 stock) and the 760 finally outdoes the RS4 with a 438hp engine, a mere 18hp but a high price gap of over $50,000 DOLLARS. I know the final 7 series is more in A8 land but just go along with it. The RS4 is a great bang for your buck vehicle when comparing it to the lower end 7 Series vehicles… Now if you want to compare it to the M5 which is debatably the RS4 of BMW nothing will change. A stock M5 with no packages costs you $82,000 dollars, which is $16,000 over the stock RS4. Now the M5 does come with an extra 80 ponies under the hood but still doesn’t offer AWD, and accesories packages on this car aren’t even listed yet. So after all those who knows how money you are over a RS4, $20,000 - $30,000…. Who knows? The RS4 is a great model with a lot to offer and attempting to build them for less or sell them for less seems unreasonable when you’re destroying your biggest rival in most categories. The RS4 has done this with class and performs like a beast, now as much as the common man wants one it’s near impossible for him to obtain, which is why Audi offers other classes that your typical citizen can own, love and enjoy.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:36 AM

Well if I was the owner of Audi, I'm assuming I could do whatever the **** I want to do and thats how I would make things affordable and bring back the 2.7 s4. I like the twin turbo s4 better.

Besides that I do have Subs I love (2 12's) Amze I am going to not try and win, I'm gonna let you have the sub box cause it seems like you want it and i dont need 3 subs lol. So CONGRATS AMZE!

Quick Reply: An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!