Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Senior Administrator
Default An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!

OK, so, one of teh members, whose beloved Horch is a thing of teh past, wants to offer up a sub-box that HE got for *free* to teh winner of whatever contest *I* can dream up for yuzse guyz to compete for it, over... Ummm... YOU know what I mean.

So, Bentframe (I hope he donm't mind if I tell who he is) will presumable post pics of the item. And, I'm assuming the winner either pays postage, or will pick up the item in person.

Here's the contest:
Anyoneinterested in competing for this item will hafta write an essay!!! (sorry, I just came from visiting my kids, and, due to THEIR complete and utter lack of interest in attending post-secondary school, *I'M* taking it out on YOU LOT!!!)

The topic:
If I were in charge at Audi, *I* would...
Those are the 1st nine words you will use. YOUR essay has to be EXACTLY 150 words. EDYT: Including THOSE nine words, of course. QuicherBytchin, I gave you a 9-word head start

Post your essay back to this thread.

***2K S4, based on your PASSION for clobbering I-D-10-t's, I'd like to ask you to be the final arbiter of who's essay is teh winning entry. If He Declines (maybe he wants to join teh competition), then I'll be the Judge.

Spelling AND grammer DO count. sew,ewe mite wanna rhun spelcheq befor yu submitt yore werk.

Any questions?

Old 02-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!

Mebbee I shud pick sunthin that doesn't involve actual thought...

doob-rooling contest... NAH!

most AIR in a B4/5/6... NAH!

most PEOPLE in a B4/5/6... I'll get back to you guys on that one...

Old 02-25-2007, 10:25 PM
3rd Gear

maybe something involving you, your audi and a video camera...

Old 02-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Senior Administrator

Not everybody has a vid cam, but everybody does (in theory, at least) have a brain...

TBD...

Old 02-25-2007, 10:37 PM
6th Gear

we fit about 20 people in my friends B6 1.8T sedan.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Administrator

I think this is an amazing idea!! Who knows somebodies essay might actually get recognition somewhere.. while others get laughed at LOL Great idea! I will try and clean out my closet with old parts and see what other contests we can haveafter this one (pending its success)

Old 02-25-2007, 11:11 PM
5th Gear

lol yea sounds like a great Idea

I think i could find some stuff people really want too
hmm

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

I think this is an amazing idea!! Who knows somebodies essay might actually get recognition somewhere.. while others get laughed at LOL Great idea! I will try and clean out my closet with old parts and see what other contests we can haveafter this one (pending its success)

Old 02-26-2007, 03:47 AM
Site Moderator

If I were in charge at Audi, I would continue the direction of the LeMans racing team, introduce a WRC rally car, contribute more towards SCCA type racing, and make only one super car. The LeMans team has introduced technology to the sport that had never been used before. I want to continue finding more ways to get an advantage and pass it to production vehicles. We now have a production 2.0L motor, why not enter WRC? quattro was born from rally racing, it's only right that it be continued. Audi has been promoting more SCCA events, but I’d like to sponsor a wider range to show that Audis can perform as well as they look. This may make people cringe, but making only one super car, would help the company’s focus on creating cars that perform well. Branching out too far may cloud the consumer’s conception of the company.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:51 AM
5th Gear

well i for one vote for the doobie-rolling contest

but since its a 150 word essay you want, here ya go:

If I were in charge at Audi, I would kick back in my office and roll a really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really big blunt. Then I would call Jazz up and hire him to run the company for me (extremely well paid of course), since I bet he could run the company WAY better than me. Then I would just kick back and enjoy all the perks, like driving an A8 W12 anytime I wanted[:-]

Old 02-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

Psssst click here for some help...

Quick Reply: An "unOFFICIAL" AF contest!!!