Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

An "old-folks" KILL, this morning...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Senior Administrator
Default An "old-folks" KILL, this morning...

So, without boring you (i kno sum of u hav VERY short attention spans) with the back story...

On my way in, this morning, and I had to make a quick stopoff at my Sis-in-laws to pick up sunthin. Off the beltway at exit 4b and, as I get around to the bottom of teh ramp, where you're supposed to merge with the regular traffic, there's a '03-'04 745i STOPPED!!! No traffic coming, to speak of, AND he's got about 150 meters of merge lane before you hafta loop back onto the beltway going in teh opposite direction... WTF?!?!?!?!?

So, I lay on my horn (I briefly considered rear-ending him, but, as usual, I chickened out... I kno, I kno, I'm a scaredy-cat) and dude's head POPS up and he look in his mirror and pulls off.

I'm a little peeved at this guy, but nothing serious.

There's two lanes you can get to, on St. Barnabas (the exit I took), so I swing out to pass this clueless old-guy and SUDDENLY he re-discovers what that long pedal on the right is for and NAILS IT!!! 0.0000000000001 second later and now *I'M* pissed! so, naturally, I nail it, too, and go for the left of two lanes... He sees me and starts to come over, in an effort to prove to me, I guess, how superior HIS car is to MINE... HA!!! Foolish mortal! This past weekend I *JUST* swapped in a brand-new air cleaner, oil (0W-30) and filter, and (my psychological advantage) Z-Max, not to mention a FULL tank of 93octane... So I was just spoiling for a chance to unleash teh DOGS OF WAR all ova someone's unsuspecting @$$.

Within 1/8th mile I had a full fender on him, as I "saluted" him, on my way past. By the time we got to the light, 1/4 mile away, where I hadda turn, I had a full car-length on the LA-hoo-SEHHR!

The rest of my commute was uneventful, but I dint care. I got my kill for February (I normally only get to lick on punt SRT4's, and Civics with fart-cans, so this was a very fulfilling experience)

FTR, once I get my money straight, I'm thinking about twin-turbo's, and a 6-speed manny, coil-overs... Then I'll be RILLY dangerous!!! Maybe that's just the endorphins talking

Old 02-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Default RE: An "old-folks" KILL, this morning...

Nice kill, what kind of car do you drive?

Old 02-19-2007, 04:46 PM
4th Gear

haha nice kill. You should drop a supercharger into that pimpmobile, then you'll be a monster.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Senior Administrator

^^^'99 A8 4.2Q a hair under 100k miles

Thats' why there isn't much for me to pick on. Well, there was clown in a '00 STS, a couple weeks ago, wanted to prove hisself, at 6pm, on a Sunday. Light traffic, I was feeling good, jumped him at about 80. At 130 he was done, and I was still pullin. I'd straight SMOKE him, now!

Old 02-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Trey25

haha nice kill. You should drop a supercharger into that pimpmobile, then you'll be a monster.
I wonder if I can still find the MotoDyne S/C kit
(for tha newbs, MotoDyne inc. is an even BIGGER LA-hoo-SEHHHR than the goof in teh 745I AND teh STS, combined.)

Old 02-19-2007, 05:16 PM
3rd Gear

^^^ LOL.

Nice kill story Jazz, some people need to learn

Old 02-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

nice one Jazz...
a 7 series nonetheless.. "Woooooooomp" "there it is" [:-]

just imagine the psychological advantage once u get that new AF decal on there [:-]

(yes yes I know...updated details are being posted right now..)

Old 02-19-2007, 05:50 PM
4th Gear

speaking of which, how do I get a new AF decal??? Someone PM

Old 02-19-2007, 06:56 PM
1st Gear

A8

Transporter 2 status.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:15 PM
1st Gear

transporter 2 had the new a8l he has the RONIN ride without the boost!!!!

nice!!!!!

Quick Reply: An "old-folks" KILL, this morning...