Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The "how do u feel about ur car today" thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 02:18 AM
18T
4th Gear
Default RE: The "how do u feel about ur car today" thread

great, it kept me warm.

Old 02-21-2006, 08:35 PM
1st Gear

Sunday it felt fast as i drove home from Spurn Point passing everyone as i cruised along at 99 mph,
(automatic ban at 100 you see)

Got to some lights behind a 911 turbo [sm=boohoo.gif] it now feels so slow as he booted it as did i ,but he just
disappeared into distance.
Have you ever had that frustrating feeling where you see a car up ahead and try to catch it but no matter how fast you go you never get any closer. damn.

Old 02-21-2006, 09:17 PM
3rd Gear

feel pretty good cause i didnt drive my car today.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:05 PM
2nd Gear

Feel kinda sh*ty. I replaced my plugs w/ bosch platinum +4s and in doing so I broke my crank case breather hose. I had to go buy the stealership and spend $102 for a new one. What a rip off. Then went to autozone to get the scan tool to see why my cel is still on and they were all out. Ill be happier when the cel is off for good.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:34 AM
2nd Gear

i don't feel excellent about it. it looks fecking nice though. I wish i had quattro so i could actually press the gas pedal and NOT stay in the same spot.

The little things are annoying me because alot of things are adding up. I need new lower control arms because it squeeks like a crazy ************ when i turn the wheel at all. It crackles too so i need new cv joints. The left side has a hge scrape from my neighbor, but that will be fixed through his insurance next week. My interior door handles are peeling, and completely dirty b/c if i clean them they'll peel more.. the stupid piece under the shifter is peeling to hell too. And i have that ding in the front bumper from hitting my garage pillar. There are tons of chips in the front of the hood from rocks. I'm going to get the bumper repainted but i know i cant afford to repaint the hood too. The instrument cluster has the wrong mileage on it b/c its a refurbished one and i have to rip it out of the car and send it back to get the mileage fixed (damn i need to make some phone calls and do that friday!). I raced a DEAD-STOCK V6 '05 Mustang... and LOST?!?!?!?! SOOOO mad...... i'm chipped. i have more hp, more trq, even or less weight.... and he's auto..... why was he pulling on me?! we raced like 6 times, i tied him once and won once, he won like 4 times, and then my friend drove my car and we still lost 2 or 3 more times..

The rims are gay, too small and too much curb damage.. the armrest is REALLY dirty.. the drivers seat has turned blue somehow on the bottom of the back support, i'll have to post a picture of that and see if anyone knows how to get it out. and my tires are bald.

Not feeling lovely about it right now. I don't even have a job [:@] AHHHH

thanks for asking

EDIT: my fecking subwoofer broke when i took it out to autocross, my back left speaker broke, and my front left speaker mysteriously doesnt work either. and the cover for the frontleft tweater is falling off

EDIT2: Oh and my god damn Airbag light is on. And i was getting a malfunctioning brakelight earlier but i'm not now so i dunno what's wrong with that

EDIT3: OH and the freaking dash rattles now and the front end of the car rattle above 95.
And the other day I got to some high speeds (on a closed off private stunt track with safety officials standing by ) well anyways, i was hoping to hit a new top (130 is my personal record). But climing past 110 for some reason it was like a turtle!! it took a decade to hit 120!!! i'm sure i had hit 130 before in less time... I couldnt believe it. The car doesnt feel slow but then things like that and losing to the mustang point at turbo detioration or something

Old 02-22-2006, 03:20 AM
3rd Gear

I've been driving a GT3 all weekend...so getting back in the A4 was a little disappointing. But not as bad as I thought; the low-speed and secondary ride is way better in the Audi, much better than I was giving it credit for when not driving it. The steering feels pretty good, obviously not Porsche-good but weighty, solid, and honest. The gearshift is perfect in the Audi, kinda notchy and more than a little belligerent in the Porsche. If you're not really gunning it, the Porsche doesn't give a **** about you.

The seats are better in my car......

but the interior pisses me off. The mirror is wobbly, two speakers sound blown, there's a weird rattle from the backseat and the airbag light is on, and the seats are missing a locking screw, which doesn't manifest itself physically but I'm always thinking about it.

Cons: The clutch is bizarre in my car, sticky, super light, and tactility-bereft. Gotta bleed it and see if that changes.

And that's the real reason I sometimes hate my car. I need to do so many little things to it...airbag light, seat bolts, car washes, plugs, and on and on. The rear control arms squeak. The timing belt/thermostat/waterpump are sitting under my desk for me to do in the spring.

And it is so deathly slow. Like a turd moving backwards. Arghh.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:54 AM
18T
4th Gear

Well my performance is decreasing by the day. I seriously need to chang ethe air filter and spark plugs but i cant because im broke till the end of the week.

and the damn glove box wont stop SQUEAKING! its so ******* annoying. OH and the LATERAL part of the front passenger seat is loose so it shakes back and forth! i dont know what to do its something loose like bolts. its been bothering me for ages.

oh and the damn birds keep shiting on my car every time i wash it

Old 02-22-2006, 03:57 AM
2nd Gear

pretty crappy, drivin home today and coolant starts gushing out of the back of the cylander head. turnd out to be a faulty fitting....

now theirs a weird noise from front of the engine when the coolant is at normal level again, i think i feked up the h2o pump.

if its not one thing its another, but i think some new parts will solve the delema...

Old 02-23-2006, 09:14 PM
1st Gear

I actually it was a fun drive day for me after not driving my car for a week. Took a 2 hour drive from Germany to the Netherlands to visit some friends since I had the day off and it turned out to be one of the best trips I've driven since I been in Europe. So, no probs with the ride and I'm drivin civil until out of nowhere comes 5 other Audis, 2 A4 Avants, 1 S4 and 1 A8. I would say they were traveling between 100 and 130 mph and of course I invited myself along for the ride. I must admit it was quite a drive!

Old 02-24-2006, 11:17 AM
2nd Gear

hehe..my car has been down for like two weeks now waiting on misc. parts. I cant wait until this weekend when I get to put her back together and go zooming along hunting wrx's and carreras (non turbo OF COURSE!)......then I remember....I have a F*CKING test on Monday that I really have to study for and I have a portfolio due....WTF?!?!?! Maybe it will be another week. F***********CK!

Quick Reply: The "how do u feel about ur car today" thread