Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

"Gas Out" May 15th

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 04:05 AM
1st Gear
Default "Gas Out" May 15th

i just recieved this email that has been going around pretty interesting

"PASS IT ON!
NO GAS...On May 15th 2007

Don't' pump gas on May 15. In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide
in protest of the gas process. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007,all internet users should not pump gas. Now over $3.00 a gallon in most places, the price of gas is ridiculous.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet. The average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill.

If all users did not go to the pump for just one day, it would take $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 billion) out of the oil companies pocket.

If you agree, pass this on.

And, DON'T GO TO THE PUMP ON MAY 15th!"

Old 05-07-2007, 04:23 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: "Gas Out" May 15th

This is retarded. First, there was no "Gas Out" in April of 97, nor was there a 30 cent drop in price overnight. Two seconds of research will show you that gas prices went way up in 97 as a result of federal tax increases.

Second, if you don't pump gas on May 15th, you'll just have to pump it on the 16th, so you're not taking money out of anyone's pocket.

You want to hit the oil companies hard? Convince every American to sell their cars and bike everywhere. That'll show 'em. Or just stop voting for twits like Bush. Or buy an E85 car. Or buy an old Volvo diesel and run it on used vegetable oil from Burger King.Or work from home, if you believe that "Gas Out" emails, you'll probably believe the infomercials saying you can make millions of dollars from your home PC with no risk to you.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:30 AM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

This is retarded. First, there was no "Gas Out" in April of 97, nor was there a 30 cent drop in price overnight. Two seconds of research will show you that gas prices went way up in 97 as a result of federal tax increases.

Second, if you don't pump gas on May 15th, you'll just have to pump it on the 16th, so you're not taking money out of anyone's pocket.

You want to hit the oil companies hard? Convince every American to sell their cars and bike everywhere. That'll show 'em. Or just stop voting for twits like Bush. Or buy an E85 car. Or buy an old Volvo diesel and run it on used vegetable oil from Burger King.Or work from home, if you believe that "Gas Out" emails, you'll probably believe the infomercials saying you can make millions of dollars from your home PC with no risk to you.
+1

Old 05-07-2007, 04:37 AM

+2

Old 05-07-2007, 04:48 AM
5th Gear

I never understood how people could be ignorant enough to buy into those things...
Seriously, what company would fail after a single day without profit -- especially when they would have double the sales the following day.
You know what would amuse me? If all these tards boycotted gas on the 15th... and the gas companies realized it, and then jacked UP prices the following day by 50 cents just to show them all that they NEED gas. Changing your behaviour for a single day isn't going to do a damned thing... like Silver said -- go buy a Prius or something.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:00 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

My car runs on peace, love, and happiness. I DON'T NEED GAS

Old 05-07-2007, 10:40 AM
4th Gear

Just because you posted that I'm filling my car, and my parents cars up!

FIGHT THE CAUSE!

Old 05-07-2007, 12:17 PM
3rd Gear

Isnt it true that cars like the Prius are even worse for the environment?

I read a article where it was talking about the batteries in the hybrid cars and how they get the nickel from canada. The area where they dig doesnt have any plant life for like a mile, then they ship it all to japan on ships which burn fuel, then back which burns more fuel and actually does more harm then good! I will try and find article!

Old 05-07-2007, 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: cyberlogicx

My car runs on peace, love, and happiness. I DON'T NEED GAS
You forget its an Audi though. That means it also runs on pure AWESOMENESS when required.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:13 PM
4th Gear

ROFL!!!!! run it on used vegetable oil (ahah **** man classic)

and

SPAM!

Quick Reply: "Gas Out" May 15th