Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

$72 !?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 04:16 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: $72 !?!?!?!?

I pay about $60.00 right now now for a full tank of 91. I've been trying to better my driving habits for better fuel economy.

I wouldn't mind getting an old 318 as a daily driver. 4-banger ftw and I love the body style. One of the techs at work has one as a daily and says he goes a long time without filling up.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:01 PM
4th Gear

It's okay, everyone. I have now decided to retreat into my shed and not come out until I've cracked a method for hydrolysis which produces more energy than it takes to cause the reaction, and then how to convert a standard gasoline engine to run on hydrogen.

Oh wait, didn't some guy do that already, and then he was murdered?

Nevermind, I'm gonna go fill up at the Kum and Go.[:@]

Old 06-06-2008, 02:20 PM
1st Gear

thats funny. the day you guys posted that you-tube video of that guy up I was dumbfounded.

later on my buddy and I went to hooters and i got to thinking, it dawned on me. My thermodynamics course work kicked in and realized that it violates the second law or thermodynamics.

How is it possible that you can raise the internal chemical energy of a substanceby inducing into itless energy than thebackwards reaction (formation of water from H2 and O2). By this logic, then you could put the drive wheels of the car on a dyno wheel that generates current to crack water to produce its own fuel. Then you can take the tail pipe exhaust vapors and pour them back into the reactor. Theoretically you should be able to run the car forever and ever and still be able to power your own house or sell energy back into the grid. Wouldn't that be awesome... wheres my thermodynamics cookie.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:24 PM
3rd Gear

Old 06-06-2008, 03:39 PM
1st Gear

thats nice... you guys still owe me that math cookie from the verizon check explanation from the funny pictures thread