North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

BEWARE: Classic Autobody in Salem MA

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Default BEWARE: Classic Autobody in Salem MA

Thought I would do my part and warn fellow Audi owners of a sketchy experience with Classic Autobody in Salem MA.

My friends car was backed into and towed over to Classic Autobody to be fixed the following week once the insurance company looked over the car. Today we went over to get his CD's and anything of value out of the car. We found it in the back lot unlocked with the keys in the ignition. Anyone who knows this part of Salem knows it's not the best idea to leave a car unlocked out of sight with the keys in it.

My friend noticed an extra 20 miles that were unaccounted for (car was put on a flatbed and "wasn't driven after it got there") and a CD of Mexican rap that wasn't his in the radio. He also claims that there was a new scratch how ever I can't verify this. We decided to take the car and have the work done somewhere else.

We tell the owner(Tony) and he denies any knowledge of the extra miles or CD and claims it hasn't been touched. We ask to take the car and he said he can't release it until the towing bill is paid for. Insurance was supposed to pay for the tow but Tony claims he hadn't heard from any insurance yet.

At this point he started yelling and swearing at us like we were at fault here. My friend then said that he had both keys and would be back in the morning to pay the bill and take the car. Tony then said "if you do that I'll smash the ******* **** out of your car." After I heard that I offered to pay the bill so we could get the **** out of there.

I understand how he felt about the bill but the way he handled it was unacceptable especially for the owner. He will not get my families business or any recommendations from me. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:18 AM
1st Gear

Wow that is quite the experience....I live in the Manchester NH area so I live about an hour away from there. If you are looking for a better shop, I think there is one in Andover, but I don't know if you already went to another place or not. If not and you are curious I can fetch the info for you

Old 01-30-2009, 01:47 PM

did you report any of this ?

Old 01-30-2009, 01:48 PM

i don't even know who you could report that to... lol

Old 02-03-2009, 10:28 AM

Nothing was reported since no damage was done to the car and I don't know who you would report to either. I don't think you can report unprofessional behavior and acting like an *******.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:46 PM

right.. thought there was damage.. my bad