Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Water/Methanol injection or not?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 01:33 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Water/Methanol injection or not?

ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy

So don't use the windshield washer fluid like some people were doing above? Also how long did it last tank wise?

Josh
WW fluid are 30-50 meth. Its cheap and easy to use. Most use the ww res and it last a little more than a tank full, but that depends on how much is injected and how often its used (meaning long highway trip vs spirited canyon driving)

Old 09-13-2007, 01:38 AM
4th Gear

Ok, cool... I think I might get this instead of a FMIC. IT's a LOT easier to install to! I don't have to build brackets and all that fun stuff either. That will be on my list of things to get in a bit.

Josh

Old 09-13-2007, 01:39 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy

So don't use the windshield washer fluid like some people were doing above? Also how long did it last tank wise?

Josh
WW fluid are 30-50 meth. Its cheap and easy to use. Most use the ww res and it last a little more than a tank full, but that depends on how much is injected and how often its used (meaning long highway trip vs spirited canyon driving)
I really dont think it even has that much meth in it. If you want to make power and have the best cooling then i would use 100%, your could also use denatured alcohol but its kind of expensive. Just make sure whatever kit you use you can run 100% meth with, alot of kits want to you run a 50/50 mix with meth and water because meth is corrosive to alot of metals.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:40 AM
1st Gear

if you run a 50/50 mix try to use distilled water and not tap water. What kits were you looking at?

Old 09-13-2007, 01:50 AM
2nd Gear

-20 degree WW fluid is like 25% meth IIRC.. of coarse use distilled water.

and yes, this will be perfectly fine with stock smic and PC-16. just make sure your kit has a fail safe(use the stock WW resivoir to let you know when you are low). but this ALONG with a good Ebay fmic would work best.

FWIW, i know an APR stage 3 guy runninga meth kit with stock smic. his car runsstrong

Old 09-13-2007, 02:07 AM
I'm make believe

I know who your talking about, just forget his vortex sn [:@]

The only problem is that the stock smic has like a 2psi drop and is restrictive. If he upgraded to a differnt smic he should gain a psi or 2 back and have better results.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:28 AM
2nd Gear

right, the stock SMIC is a little peice of ****. mine is sitting in my shed and i would never even give it away because no one should ever be cursed enough to have this little peice of **** on their car..

but if you can't afford a good FMIC or SMIC, then meth will do the trick.. to a point that is

oh, and his screen name on audi zine is "Tlfun"

Old 12-07-2007, 01:31 AM
1st Gear

any updates with anyone puttin water/meth injection on? Results..

Old 12-14-2007, 05:06 PM
1st Gear

lol i guess this thread has been around forever but i am thinking about getting a PES Supercharger by the summer and i know the 2.8L has a high compression ratio and high boost levels for it are dangerous. why does water/meth help you run a higher PSI 'safer'. Think i can do it with the PES?

Old 02-10-2008, 01:19 AM
1st Gear

i just ordered mine w/m kit off ebay, i'll update when its on

Quick Reply: Water/Methanol injection or not?