Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Just installed KO4s. Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 12:51 PM
1st Gear

s4tech--Thank you. That's the info I was looking for. I keep my car in a diffferent city, so it will be a little bit before I can get to car and get that ecu info to you. I will do a search to see how to find the ecu in my car, as I've not been there before.

One note, my car has a 6 speed manual, not an automatic. I don't know if that is a different software package.

Cheers

Old 11-26-2008, 03:04 PM
1st Gear

well if you have the 6 speed you're better off, you can buy a stage 3 clutch to handle the power, and as far as the car feeling different, well the k04s are bigger they take a lil longer then the k03s to spool but when they do, get out of the way, you need the fueling kit and a stage 3 tune and upgrade your clutch, i have k04's without fueling but a stage 3- tune and it runs nice, never ran the car with just k04's no tune so i have no clue what it feels ike but im sure the car's ECU is set up to run the k03's in their best range which is NOT the k04's range so you should prob get a stage 3- tune if you intent on just keeping what you have already installed and have it run properly, i have revo and with revo i know you can lower the boost with their software or ask the tuner, its from like 1-9, and i'm currently doing 300whp on a TIP, seems to be handling it alright also has the tip chip

Old 11-26-2008, 05:26 PM
1st Gear

Thank for the great info.

Yep...a stage 3 tune is definitely in order. I'd love to do fuel kit at the same time, but cost (especially before Christmas) might be limiting factor.

So which chip to go with is now my quest. Right now I am trying to find out what options I have; who all make stage 3 chips for these cars. It gets a little confusing for a noob because I see some companies advertising a chip only to find out they are just a reseller of some one else's chip. No big...research is half the fun.

BTW, what is 'revo'. I only know the sunglasses.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:47 PM
1st Gear

revo is one of the chip makers...and maybe instead of a fueling kit, just get the stage 3- and a tip chip you'll be making 300whp easily even more if your tuner and you want to, i think im at 19 psi (even though ive seen it go as high as 28 psi in the mountains idk if thats possible, maybe the digital readout malfunctioned, maybe it was right...) stock you're at like 9 psi so if you haven't changed your ecu, your car is just using 9 psi from the k04's so when you get that chip you'll be awakened by your cars potential. i also have rs4 side mounted intercoolers , to help it cool down the extra heat caused by the power

revo giac apr Unitronic etc theres alot... but then again im not sure which ones do stage 3- cars i heard giac does, but was not aware revo did (well they did my car haha) best thing to do is call these companies..good deal buying an A6 with replacement turbos, and even better deal being they were K04's!

Old 11-28-2008, 09:31 PM
1st Gear

Sleeper6--thanks for your input. That's what I was looking for--some of the names of chip makers. I am not familiar with all them either.

So far I've got:
-GIAC
-APR
-Unisonic
-Revo

I shall continue my search.