New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unsightly holes in bumper from license frame

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 09:19 PM
Default Unsightly holes in bumper from license frame

Hi all,
New to the forum and to Audi. I'm a proud owner a 2001 Audi A4 Quattro that came with a cheesy dealer plate on the front, which I quickly removed to find three nickel-sized (!!!) holes used to mount the license plate frame and two smaller holes from screws that the dealer used to attach the dealer plate.

Does anyone know of a place to buy hole plugs to cover those gigantic gaping holes? I've seen a car with chrome rounded (convex) hole plugs in the front bumper and it didn't look too bad. Of course the holes were at least symmetrical whereas mine are not. I may just have to buy a long Euro vanity plate for the front and make some new holes. Ugh.

Old 09-05-2004, 09:52 PM
Default RE: Unsightly holes in bumper from license frame

[:'(] I had the same problem. My 2000 Audi 1.8TQM (Im learning the lingo, I think thats it) had a front license plate that look a little hoaky, so I removed it. Looked clean but had three holes. I just let it go, at one point Im just going to replace it with an RS4 Bumper. Its really common, your not the only one

I dont know if I would go with plugs, I think that might look strange. You could always go to a body shop and ask how much it would cost to bondo up the holes and paint over it. Thats the cleanest approach.

Or, like you said, get a euro license plate. BUT... that would involve putting MORE holes in the car.

Old 09-06-2004, 04:11 PM

Thanks for the reply. Your solution of replacing the bumper is probably the way to go. How much does an RS4 bumper cost? Is that the one that has the super sharp looking grill on the front of S4's, with the removable rectangle where a European license plate goes?

Old 09-06-2004, 09:53 PM
4th Gear

Euro plates do not involved more holes, you dont scew them in.

Old 09-06-2004, 11:13 PM
1st Gear

Replace the entire bumper!? You have money to burn?
Have the holes filled, then painted over.

Old 09-07-2004, 02:38 PM
3rd Gear

Welcome to the forum meegy!

This is a great site. We keep the dialogue friendly and the attitude positive. The info is well received by all and we are here to help anyone with the need. I hope you find it to your liking as well.

If you're not familiar with this forum, please click the START HERE! link. There you will find a forum vocab list, an Audi forum terminology list and an Audi lexicon list. They should be very helpful to you if you're not familiar with the jargon.

Please feel free to ask any question, but double check the archives first. Many questions have been archived and, quite often, the answers are comprehensive.