New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tt cabriolet rocker from GB

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Default tt cabriolet rocker from GB

hi everyone.
found this site after just getting logged onto www. computers are scarey to me so be patient.and i do apologise in advance if i am in the wrong section of your site.
i drive a audi tt cabriolet 1.8t [150ps] 2 years old.13,000 miles on the clock.had it from new and it was its birhday on the 28 march.i live in newcastle in the northeast of england,and the pure geordies{the locals}call the city the TOON.[something to do with soccer]and their accents!!!
i dont know what main dealer relationships are like in your part of the world ,but over here they are very frosty!
people just dont trust the service they are paying for.
anyway lets get going with a question.
my 2 year old requies its first service,and i am not sure where to get it done.i am a old school mechanic[plugs and points]and can still do a lot of repairs myself.the question is should i attempt to do the service myself or 1.take it to the main dealer or 2.take it to a independant.the last part of the question is that if it is 2 years old and out of warranty i think? should it matter where i take it for the sake of having the service history book stamped?
thanks for your time in reading this:-BIG CAT[sm=thanx.gif]SQ-ROCKER GET DOWN

Old 04-03-2007, 04:39 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: tt cabriolet rocker from GB

welcome to the forums. the car should still be under warranty for certain parts. it all depends on which warranty you got. call up the dealer you got it from and ask them bout which warranty you have. if you dont have a warranty then def. go to an independent mechanic, the dealers will overprice the crap outa you. and yes you should always get your service records stamped. mechanics can stamp it too, not just dealers. it will help when it comes time to resell the car, and audi usually requires it to honor you warranty.

and you should contact Dave https://www.audiforums.com/showprofile.asp?memID=12092 he's from across the pond too, and is EXTREMELY knowledgable. and he might be able to point you in the direction of a good mechanic who wont try and screw you over