New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super (audi) noob, questions and intro!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Default Super (audi) noob, questions and intro!

Hey guys

I am not at all new to cars, but am new to Audi. I'm coming from the japanese side, (new found love for euro style and am thinking of getting into an audi. But there enlies the problem, I have no idea where to start! Heres the thing, I just moved to colorado from florida about a week ago. I was originally thinking of getting an e36 (328 or m3), but I want somthing I can use in the snow, so I thought AWD would be a huge plus. Also, I will be autocrossing (alot) and mabye some RR.

Now, I have always heard a rumor that audis are expensive to fix, but it seems like that is the case with any car now-a-days. Is this true?I was actualy thinking of getting a 1.8 turbo. Are those pretty quick? at least for what Im using it for. I dont want some 800 HP monster, just somthing quick, reliable, that I can autox and use in the snow.

Any opinions or thoughts are much appreciated. I am going to go ahead and start reading around the forum for the next few hours for some ideas, but thought I would ask as well.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and hopefully soon join the Audi family [sm=smiley20.gif]

Alex

Old 07-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Default RE: Super (audi) noob, questions and intro!

Thanks for the welcome [sm=partyparty.gif]

Well to give you an idea I am coming from a 98 honda prelude. Something around that speed/mabye a little bit faster is fine for me. I will have my shifter kart to give me the speed thrill [sm=smiley20.gif]. I just want somthing that I can pick up for a decent price, is good in the snow, and that I can autocross with. After reading around the 1.8T as you said sounds like the perfect set up for me. As far as moding I probably wont be doing that much due to autox classes. Have to keep it pretty mild.

BTW, this forum seems to be extremely informative and the ppl here seem nice/helpful, which is hard to find on some forums.

I am going to start audi-searching! will post some pics when Iget somthing.

Later