New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not A Good start into the Audi World!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 12:11 AM
1st Gear
Default Not A Good start into the Audi World!

Hey so just wanted to tell the story of my first Audi!!! Hopefull it turns out better in the long run!

SO I was looking at a 2001 Audi A4 T Quattro on craigslist... lol if that isnt a cue on how this is gonna turn out I dont know what is!! So I contacted the owner and told him I wanted it!! But lived 100miles away!! And Asked him the basics!! Hows the body,, Interior,,, Wheels & Tires,,, ANd oh hows it run and drive!?? No Check engine lights or anything right?? LOL NO of course not!!! This car is perfecT,, Had it checked by the mechanic and all is good!!! Even had the timing belt replaced 10K ago!!! SWEET...........Thats me STOKED!!! ok so I really dont have time to drive and go test this car!!! But the guy is soundling like he really took care of it!!! So bank **** done!! Go And pick up the car!! hes giving me the run down!! and hey so I just changed the oil before you got here and the OIL LIGHT is on but it will reset its self in 100 miles or so!!! ahhhh ok.. but wondered!! So heading out of town!! LOVE the car already!!! Call the Local AUDI dealer and hey dont drive it! ITs a SLUDGE ISSUE!!! huh?? what the hell is that? I still have 80 miles to go!. So I get home thankfully with no issues!!! Put it on blocks to change the oil thinking I GOT THIS!!! and Spot Two Bad CV axles!!! Awesome!!! So needless to say!! New Car last Friday!!! Cant drive till this friday!!! This was not a great into to my AUDI!!!! Wonder if i can do a 2.0 swap if the engines bad???

Old 10-11-2011, 08:13 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Wilkommen to the forums

and the headaches that come with buying some else's "problems"

lots of good information to be found in the A4 section. be sure to read up on the "sludge issue". depending on how much the previous owner neglected it, you may or may not be in for some fun repair and maintenance ahead. plenty of folks here on the forums that can help with that.

good luck