New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie: Future A3 Owner w/ some questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 03:05 PM
1st Gear
Default Newbie: Future A3 Owner w/ some questions

Hey guys!

My name is Dan and I am looking into purchasing my first Audi. Pretty excited about finally getting one. I will be getting a 2013 A3 TDI. I love the titanium sport package but need some advice. This car comes with alcantara seats vs. the standard leather of the regular sport package. My question is this: This car will be my daily driver and I am an avid mountain biker. I bike at Northstar (DH Mountain bike park) where the dust is very fine. I would be getting into the car and driving dirty all the time. Will the alcantara hold up to this kind of abuse or should I just get the standard leather?

Also, if anyone has an A3, can you suggest a bike rack that will work with the open sky system?

Thanks in advance!
Dan

Old 07-20-2012, 06:51 PM
1st Gear
Question Should I repost in Interior or A3 forums

Just wondering where the right place to post is?

Thanks!
D

Old 07-20-2012, 10:52 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Willkommen to the forums Dan

not familiar with the "open sky" system so I'm not sure if the aftermarket will have a suitable rack available yet. Check the dealership and see if Audi offers a solution.

as far as how to care for the interior, try posting in the "Detailing" section. there isn't a whole lot of traffic over there, but we do have some pros that post up over there from time to time. It may be a few days before you get a response there, but they will probably have the best perspective on the issue. either way, i see it being quite challenging to care for the interior of any vehicle that sees that kind of "dust" treatment, short of something you can hose out.

good luck

have fun