New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member, seasoned owner needs Audi Corporate help

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 01:14 PM
1st Gear
Default New member, seasoned owner needs Audi Corporate help

Hello,
I'm a new member, but have owned Audis for about 20 years and I still have a beast of a '88 Quattro (set up like one of the period South Africa rally cars).

In the last year I wanted to buy a used Allroad 2.7, but the Manhattan Audi dealer ended up selling me a used (lemon) '01 Volvo V70XC. The salesman said they just got it in, it was perfect, blah, blah, blah. In fact, they had it for months and couldn't get rid of it. From the start the car had transmission troubles - they said it was minor and took it into their shop on two occasions - give me the thumbs up that all was ok. At one point they even gave me a $400 check to help with the "minor" service adjustment it would need at the Volvo dealer. The problem got worse and worse - they wouldn't take the car back. The car's transmission finally died a week ago. I'm again trying to make Audi Manhattan "make good" for selling me an awful lemon of a car. Granted, it was a used car, limited warrantee, but this issue was present the day that I picked it up and I have documents detailing the issues with them. I'm not sure what to do about getting them to do something...take the car back...basically do the right thing. I have been a loyal Audi owner for years and believed in this dealerships reputation...this is absolutely ridiculous (sorry for the rant). It been a very frustrating experience and I've spent a few thousand at the Volvo dealership trying to get this fixed.

Can anyone tell me how I can get Audi America corporate involved in this? I'm already so sour with the dealership and frankly with Audi that this could be allowed to happen. I would appreciate anyone's help in trying to get resolution. I'd still like to get an Allroad 2.7 as a solid stable mate for my '88 Quattro, but at this point...the reputation of the brand is very shakey for me.

Again, sorry for the newcomer rant - any assistance will be greatly appreciated.