New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member lost

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 10:25 AM
1st Gear
Default New member lost

I asked this question in another section and it got 71 plus reads, but no one could/would answer my question so I'll try again here.

My name is Tim and I'm new to Audi's, but not cars. I'm considering purchasing a R8 as my next car and joined this forum to learn all I can about Audi and the R8 from actual owners.

However, I can't seem to find a section dealing with R8's. Am I missing it or is it just too rare a car to justify it's own section? Anyway, hopefully someone will take a second and help a brother out. In the meantime, I will give some of the other forums a peek. Thanks...

Old 09-25-2012, 04:33 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Willkommen to the forum Tim

sorry you can't get an answer to your question. Most of our forum lurkers are folks who are having issues with their cars and are looking for repair questions. Most R8 owners are out enjoying their cars and can afford to pay someone to find answers to any issues they may be having with it.

that being said, the Audi breed can be pretty problematic when they decide not to work properly. The R8, being in supercar territory, will most like suffer from that trait twice as much, once because Audi, and again because supercar. If you are "risk averse" I would recommend you consider something else.

anyway, I hope that helps a bit, probably not. If it did help, and you do get the R8, and you happen to be close by, i demand a ride, or a drive if you are not to risk averse.

alternatively, have you considered the Tesla S Signature Performance edition?

good luck

have fun

Old 09-25-2012, 04:54 PM
1st Gear

OK, now I'm really confused and sort of feel like I'm in the twilight zone or something. Unbelievably, no one seems to be able to answer the simple question whether or not there is a section dealing with the R8 on this forum. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume the answer I'm looking for is that there is not a section dedicated to the R8 which I find fascinating...

However, I'm told by a member and I assume an Audi owner that I should consider a different brand because Audi's are "problematic" and the R8 being a super car will be twice as "problematic".

Also, not everyone who can afford to pay someone to do their homework for them chooses to do so. When it comes to car buying it's part of the fun to do your own research.

I have not given up on the R8 yet, but I certainly have given up trying to learn anything here.