New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member of this forum; Audi Suspension recall

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 08:41 PM
1st Gear
Default New member of this forum; Audi Suspension recall

Hi there,
I just joined this forum to thank brrman for some helpful hints to take apart tiptronic and center console. Very helpful and I was able to clean coffee spillage from tiptronic and that is now working nice again (my car 2000 Audi A6 Avant).

Great forum and many great article.

I would like to ask does anyone know about recall for Audi (Audi A6) for FRONT SUSPENSTION noise.
I just had the car in service for CV boot replacement and right front control arm (front) replacement and after I got it from service I hear noise in front suspension going over bumps. I did not do it before. The sound is like "Kwa Kwa" - like a duck so I suspect it's suspension. Now I have read in coulple places there could be recall for so wonder it this could it be. Or if technitians messed up something while doing other job on my car.
Any help is greatly appretiated.
Thanks Pete

Old 12-13-2004, 12:57 AM
6th Gear
Default RE: New member of this forum; Audi Suspension recall

Hi audifan, welcome to the forum. I believe the recall was on the lower control arms.

Old 12-13-2004, 01:40 PM
1st Gear

Thanks Jestnoman.... just called AudiUsa and they told me the same....I am already scheduled with the dealer.

That recall came just in time- since my car started doing it now and I believe the recall is new too. Hope it will be covered...
Thanks Audifan

Old 01-07-2005, 07:54 PM

Hi there!

The recall applies to the lower straight arms at the front of A4, A6 & A8 vehilces that fall within a certain chassis range.

In order to be covered, the tech must find play in the arms. Just making a noise will not get them changed. (although generally, they only make a noise when worn!)

In order for the warranty department to cover the cost of the replacement, that's around £125 GBP per arm plus labour, (3/4 of an hour for 1 arm and just over a hour for 2), your vehicle MUST have a full Audi service history that has met all the required service intervals on time. It must also have covered less than 130,000 miles and have already genuine Audi bearing arms fitted.

If the vehilce does not meet any of these criteria, then the tech will check them free of charge, (provided you chassis number is due the recall), but there will be no contribution towards the cost of repair.

Or at lease that's how it works in the UK!

Any probs, let me know!