New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy from S. Jersey...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 05:05 PM
1st Gear
Default New guy from S. Jersey...

Since I'm new to the forums, figured I would drop by and say hi. I just picked a 2004 A6 2.7T S-linewhite with tan interior and tip trans. I think it has Bose, premium and cold weather packages...I haven't really noticed anything else.

The car is a blast to drive so far and I have some big plans for it in the future. Looking at the GIAC chip, GIAC tip chip, coilovers and sways, VAST dp's and acustom catback. Anything more than that may or may not be in the plans depending on my next "fun car" purchase.

I've owned the following cars in the past and have always been a "gearhead". These are my previous rides from most recent to oldest:

2004 Pontiac GTOmanual- This was my baby, but I had to sell it and get the A6 when I found out we had another one on the way and needed a bigger house. It had cat delete pipes, cam, heads, etc. It was a mild setup and put down 376/367 on the dyno. I never got to run it post exhaust and heads, so the time in my sig was cam only.

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche auto - This is the wifes truck and what I sold my A4 to get since I no longer needed a daily driver. It's big, it sucks gas, but it looks really cool (none of the body cladding on ours) and is a great family mobile.

2000 Audi A4 1.8T Quattromanual - This was my old daily driver and my first Audi. I thoroughly loved that little car and put about 60k trouble free mileson it before I sold it with 120k on the clock.

2003 VW Jetta GLI manual - This was a cool little car, it was the only year GLI to come with the 24 valve VR6 and a 6-speed. It was a blast to drive and although it wasn't 100% my style, I wish I still had it.

1998 Mustang GT manual - This thing was slow as hell, but after I added a Saleen suspension, it handled like no other. I used to race this car up at Lime Rock and a few other tracks (VIR, Summit).

1994 Jeep Wrangler auto - My first car, it was fun and got me into off roadin until I realized that fast cars and racing were much more fun.

Sorry for the long discertation, but I figured at least giving a brief overview of my past rides and experience, would show people that I'm not a total noob. Although when it comes to Audi's I still have a lot to learn.

PS If there are any local people (South Jersey, Philly area), you may want to check out my clubs website www.controlled-insanity.net. We are a local racing club (mainly drag, but a few of us like the twisties as well) and hold meets every Sunday night in Cherry Hill. We have a wide variety of cars that come out; from f-bodies, Vette's and GTO's to VR-4's, NSX's,EVO's, STI's, etc. All are welcome and I would love to get some more Euro guys out.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:59 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: New guy from S. Jersey...

Cherry Hill you say?
I see your meets are on Sunday night... But this Sunday during the day there's a local AF GTG in King of Prussia.
Clicky for more info!

Oh yeah welcome to the forum!

-Becca

P.S. If you see a chick driving around in a silver TT; make sure you honk and wave!
I live in Maple Shade...

Old 01-18-2008, 08:14 PM
5th Gear

welcome to the forums

Old 01-18-2008, 08:18 PM
3rd Gear

Welcome to AF!

Old 01-19-2008, 11:41 AM

Gald to have you on the forums