New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Guy In Need of Your Audi Wisdom

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:21 AM
1st Gear
Default New Guy In Need of Your Audi Wisdom

Hello forum. After much careful consideration, I made the difficult decision to sell my current whip (99 Subaru Forester) and purchase an Audi. Ok, so it wasn't really difficult. Looking to throw down around 12K once I sell the Pooparu (anyone interested, orshould I try another forum?) I decided on the 2002 A4 - don't worry, I have done the search and read the newbie guide - and I'm leaning towards the 1.8T. Then I started finding 2001 S4s in the price range.Is an 11-13K S4 going tobe total garbage, or is this a legitimate price? Obviously, these examples typicallyhave 80K + miles, which is a bit scary, but A4s in the price rangehave some miles too. I'm a realist and I'm anticipating dropping some coin right off the bat. I want your opion on this comparison. I'm notconcerned withthe fact that theS4is less economical and/or practical- it makes up for this in awesomeness. However, Ireally dig theA4 with the sport package. It's a coin toss,and I would appreciate some educated insights, anecdotes, etc.to guide me in this decision. Also - any inside information on good examples of the above are much appreciated. I live near D.C. but would be willing totravel for the right car at the right price.

Thanks - Joe the New Guy

Old 04-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Default RE: New Guy In Need of Your Audi Wisdom

Just keep an eye open in the classifieds here and over at Audizine and you should have no problem finding your Audi. I think most people say that the turbos in the S4 are good to about 100k so that might be something to watch out for (unless you plan upgrading them anyway :P)

Welcome to the Forums and good luck