New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new audi owner but can not drive it, ignition barrel destroyed Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 01:05 AM
Default new audi owner but can not drive it, ignition barrel destroyed Please help!

Last wedensday I traded my beloved 2 door BMW 325ci se in for a good all round family car and ended up with a fantasic Audi A4 (2003) tdi sport station wagon.
The following day I go to work as normal and get a call from my 9 month pregnant wife telling me its time to go to the hospital,friday morning she gave birth to my first child a beautiful baby boy.
We get home and after all the exictment I forgot to lock the car hence some Bas***ds tried to steal my ride!
They jammed a screwdriver in the ignition barrel so bad I can't start it up so the car now is parked outside my house with me off work on paternity leave and no ride!
I've called Audi and ordered a new barrel to match the keys I have for the car the soonest they can get it to me is in 10 days so I'll just have to wait it out.
In the mean time I need to know if fitting the barrel is easy enough to do?
The car has a drivers airbag which obviously I don't want to explode.

Can Anyone give me some advice on fitting the ignition barrel please!

Thankyou kashiskash & Baby Bradley

Old 06-05-2008, 02:16 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: new audi owner but can not drive it, ignition barrel destroyed Please help!

Welcome.
Get up some pictures.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:24 AM
Default RE: new audi owner but can not drive it, ignition barrel destroyed Please help!

Been tring hard to upload some pics of the car but the site will not allow jpeg format pics?