New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Audi Lover

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Administrator
Default RE: New Audi Lover

Looking forward meeting you at one of the GTG's.
It's always nice seeing new faces around.

Those body kits would make the car looks good. What style wheels are you looking for?

Good luck on the clear corner project! Tell me how it goes.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any help. I'm always down to help fellow AF'er. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 03-15-2008, 12:11 AM
1st Gear

Thanks man, I just finished, it looks tight but I still need to go get the clear bulbs, but on top of that my right blinker keeps malfunctioning, I think it's the socket it's in. The bulb is good but I don't think it's making contact. I don't know much about body kits, the only one I've seen that I like is the AMS body kit I saw on Cardomain.com

Old 03-15-2008, 12:58 AM
Administrator

Post some pictures when you're done! [sm=smiley20.gif]

To be honest, I'm not too sure about this AMS kit you're talking about.
Do you have any pictures?

Old 03-15-2008, 02:31 AM

Welcome to the forums. I love my Audi too[sm=kissykissy.gif]

Old 03-15-2008, 12:43 PM
1st Gear

I suck, I forgot to take pictures of before, but once I get the bulbs I will take pictures and put them up so you can see, the only thing I don't like is that you can see the hole where the reflectors clipped on at the bottom of the headlight. Let me see if I can get a picture of the body kit I'm talking about.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Yeah, that's the only downside about having the DIY CC mod. At least you saved couple of hundered dollars which can go towards the body kits you're planning to get. [sm=smiley20.gif]

As for the kits, I've seen those kits on some B6's.
There are many kits available for the B6, make sure you get the best kits you like. Also look out for great deals in the classified section for kits and other things.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:02 PM
1st Gear

Also what's the best material to for body kits?? Fiberglass, polyurathane, etc., last night I turned on my lights to see how it looked and I didn't like it, the clear bulbs I bought for the blinkers are clear but they light up yellow, was I supposed to get white blinker lights?

Old 03-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Administrator

I can't say which material would be the best. Each has its own plusses and minusses. Personally, I would probably say carbon fiber, but they are also the most of expensive out of all.

This guide should pretty much help you deciding:
http://www.sportcompactonly.com/body-kits-guide.htm

As for the white blinker, the reason why you want them so your headlights would look clear without the amber bulbs. If you don't like how those clear ones glow, there are 2 pretty simple options that you could do:
One would be to get the stealth bulbs. These bulbs are pretty pricey and they look silver, which will match the headlgiths. Eventhough they are silver, they do glow amber (not yellow).

Another option, which is the cheaper option would be to take your old amber bulbs, buy yourself heat-rated silver paint and then put really light coats on your amber bulbs.

Tell me which one you are interested in and I will lead you more into it.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:07 PM
1st Gear

The corner mods came out good, they are clear when the lights are off but they light up amber, I guess I just wanted them to look cool lighting up white but I guess I can live with them the way they are. I think I'm going to do the rear lights also, with that light heat rated silver paint.