New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Audi Lover

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 02:51 PM
1st Gear
Default New Audi Lover

Hey Everyone I'm not actually new to the Audi family, I had a silver 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, with two 12" D3's, a Pioneer in-dash tv, two 1,200 watt amps, an ipod port and the sport package for the exterior but tragedy struck when I was leaving work on Halloween night, a 86 thunderbird was speeding through the parking lot at about 45 and totaled my car, I thought I'd never be happy again but then I purchased my dolphin grey, 2003 audi a4, 1.8 turbo. I joined this site for guidance on upgrades.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Administrator
Default RE: New Audi Lover

Welcome to the forums Newaudilover.

Do you have any future mods you're planning on doing?

Old 03-14-2008, 05:14 PM
1st Gear

You know it, I just don't know where to start. I want to start in the hood by I'm partial to how my car looks, I want the wheels and body kit first. Any recommendations on wheel size?? I don't like rubbing so I'm weiry about going with 19's, what about body kits, what do you like?

Old 03-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Administrator

For engine, I say you should start off with the chip. After all, it is the best gain of horsepower with the amount of money.

As for wheels, you own a B6 and I believe you should have no problem running 19's. When it comes to rubbing, it all comes down to how much do you want to lower your car and how wide you preffer your wheels to be.

Going for body kits would probably be up to you on which you preffer. I have seen many nice looking body kits for the B6.
From the factory add-on kits, USP front and rear ends, to the full bumper kits.
Check out lltek for some ideas: http://www.lltek.com/a4_b6_8e_indx05.htm

Old 03-14-2008, 06:37 PM
1st Gear

Adding a chip sounds easy but don't you have to change other parts to keep up with the power the chip puts out??

I was hoping that with a body kit and some 19's I wouldn't have to drop the car at all, it will still have that dropped look, my wife has a 2003 Jaguar S type with 22's but she can only have like one other person in the car or it will rub, we folded the lips on top of the rear wheels but it doesn't matter, I don't want to have to be worrying about my wheels wearing down cause of the rubbing, any suggestions. Oh and I really want some euro lights but i don't even know where to look.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Well, it depends on which chip you're looking at. Going stage 1 only requires you to get an aftermarket DV so you can be in the safe zone since you're boosting more.

As for lowering, it really depends on the individual. Are you running sport suspension right now?

By folding the lips on your wife's car, do you mean rolling in the fenders?

Anyway, are you talking about the e-codes, all clear headlights?
If you want to go the expensive route, you could go out and buy a brand new set of headlights which I believe will cost somewhere from 800-1000. However, the cheap route of doing it will be doing the clear corner mod, which basically taking out your existing headlights and getting rid of those ambers.

I will find the DIY write up for you.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Here is the website for the DIY clear corner mod:
http://www.a4mods.com/index.php?page...earcorner.html

I see you live in Southern California. You should check out our local GTG's.

Check the "West" section of this forum. Looking forward meeting you at one of the events! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 03-14-2008, 07:16 PM
1st Gear

Yeah we folded the fenders, I don't know what suspension package I have on my Audi, I haven't changed anything on it but the parts I fixed, Audi a4 1.8 turbo, stock suspension I would assume. What's GTG's? I really am a noob to this Audi world of ours.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Does your Audi sit lower than some other B6's? The sport suspension comes with the sport package.

And just for your information, I believe the B6's already have rolled fenders, so you won't have to do that.

GTG: get-together. The AudiForums SoCal members usually hold a get-together at least once a month.
Just look out for some posts in the West section if you are interested to attend these GTG's.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:25 PM
1st Gear

No, it sits pretty high actually, that's why I want the AMS body kit because the rear bumper reaches pretty low and right now I don't like that the rear of the car looks as if it's butt is in the air. I'll look out for one of the GTG's, I want to learn as much as I can about my car. Oh I looked over that link you sent me, that actually would work perfect, those lights look tight.

Quick Reply: New Audi Lover