New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

joined the club (Reno/NorCal)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 04:13 PM
1st Gear
Default joined the club (Reno/NorCal)

After seeing a Top Gear episode featuring the then-new (2007) RS4, I decided maybe I should buy a modern performance car. A local test drive of one only confirmed my interest. Per my usual search process, it went wide and far, encompassing RS4, RS6, and S4 variants. Ultimately, I decided on a 2010 S4, for the balance of performance, fuel economy, remaining warranty, and features vs. cost. I've put all of 200 miles on it since buying 2 weeks ago, but that's going to change in a hurry. Realizations so far include:

The plastic caps on the lug nuts (especially when the toolkit doesn't include the cap tweezer) are super dumb. Why not just furnish lug nuts, like so many other vehicles, that look perfectly good as installed? If I get a flat in the rain at night in the middle of nowhere, the last thing I want is to delay the change process with this sort of PITA. Even rotating the tires in the driveway is unnecessarily complicated by this "feature"!! Thumbs down.

There's a lot of technology in this car. The MMI manual needs to become my mentor. Compared to my 2006 Nissan Xterra, this is head spinning.

The Audi performance driving class at Infineon Raceway is in my future.

The CA license plate grill mount isn't as nice looking as the narrower style.

Such brilliant insight, I know...

Old 01-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Tech Guru

Talk to mike @ www.ringer-racing.com about lug studs. He's in so cal so maybe you guys could meet v him shipping them.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:37 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Willkommen to the forums and the Audi Club!

Lots of good people and information to be found here. I've heard a lot of "complaints" about the user friendliness and functionality of the MMI. Makes me kind of glad my car doesn't have it. I'm sure you will be able to find a suitable solution to the lug cover problem.

have fun