New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im new to AudiForums Hi All!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:54 AM
1st Gear
Default Im new to AudiForums Hi All!!!

Hello everyone, my name is Felipe and have just recently acquired a 99 Audi a4 2.8 quattro from my brother.
My previous car was a 2002 Honda accord which was totaled about 1 week ago by some stupid lady who ran a red light.
Insurance totaled my car so im waiting for payout.
In the meantime my brother has sold me his 99 Audi A4 2.8Quattro. Im new to the audi world as all i've been driving are torqueless Japanese cars.

Im fasinated by the power this vehicle has. Wish I had the car from the get go.

I dont have any pic's of the car yet since its sitting in my garage and I havent insured it yet. Im still a bit jacked up due to the accident, ( strained my back and cracked right shoulder blade so its difficult for me to drive. I plan on being on the road before x-mas so ill upload some pic's.)

For now I'll write down whats done to the car. I do have a few questions too.

1999 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro
Lowered on coilovers
18' Niche wheels
Its a hunter green color
Remus exhaust

I plan on getting some projectors for the car and 2 sets of HID kits. One for headlights the other for fogs. I wont be able to reuse the ones from my accord cause I mounted all 4 of them to the frame and upon impact they were broken.

Also, I have a double Din Radio which I would like to use. I believe the 01 A4 console accommodates that which im looking to get now. I knowI have to buy that console, a/c controls and the buttons for my hazard, fogs etc..

Is it a simple process with removing the radio? Is there anything I should be weary about when doing this?

Whats a good alarm to get? I have the factory alarm at the moment. If i do go with an aftermarket alarm will I lose the factory window rollup feature?

BTW, a lot of you guys have nice rides..

Old 12-04-2007, 09:08 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Im new to AudiForums Hi All!!!

well,...i can see how welcomed "newbies" are.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:23 PM
6th Gear

sorry, I would have welcomed you but, I try to answer any questions one might have when I do and to be honest with you I have no idea what you are talking about. with the radio's I've installed all I've done is go to circuit city and ask them for a connector so they can fit the cars original wiring.

So welcome, and hopefully you can sort your issue out.

as for the alarm, I just use the stock one.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:34 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: flyromeo3

well,...i can see how welcomed "newbies" are.
hardly no one comes in the newbie section. its just a bunch of people saying "hi im new" usually. if you want answers your best bet is to ask them in the a4 section.

the radio shouldn't be hard to remove but how are you gona run a double din in the a4's single din? you could either do a complete custom console or go the cheaper route and just move the a/c controls to where the ashtray is and that makes room for a double din

as for the HID's, www.vvme.com is the cheapest

as for the alarm, if it ain't broke why fix it? running an aftermarket alarm is just gona cause you a bunch of headaches. the stock one has motion sensors inside the car so you would probly lose those, and who knows what else.

hope this helps and welcome to the forums

Old 12-06-2007, 03:24 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the tip guys. I'll continue this thread in the A4 section.