New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crap..I'm new

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 10:01 AM
1st Gear
Default Crap..I'm new

Hi guys, name is Bill as the username suggests. Picked up a 2010 A6 Prestige with snow package and 95K on it's clock yesterday. The VAG platform is new to me and I am/have been reading til my eyes bleed.

Forum looks fairly packed with info and I look forward to picking a few brains along the way. I've been driving Eaton blower cars for years now starting with a 95 Bonneville SSEi, then a 97, moved my way into Regal GS's etc along the way. The 97 Bonneville was the one of everything car, topping out around 460 CHP. Wrong platform for power though.

Coming from mostly GM's, I have the tools to play with them. Being new to VAG, this means more tools and what guy doesn't get a little giddy about some new tools? Picked up the Ross Tech tool before finding a car, wasn't going to buy without knowing that it was tip top electronically. The other few things like the MMI ****/surround being a little goofed up should be straight forward fixes. I've also heard a vacuum filler for the coolant should be another purchase soon. If you know of tools I'll need, please ... fill me in.

Looks like this is a timing chain motor and shouldn't need that anytime soon (can't seem to find a definitive answer on it being a chain though). Wheels have some rash, they'll become the winter set. I'd like to beat the person that took the owners manual and the child seat hook covers. Overall I'm enjoying the new car and will snag the pieces it needs to be complete.

Anyhow..I'm off to read more.

Thanks for the great source of information!

Old 05-04-2015, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

To the 167 views with no one replying and saying hi...

Uh.. Hi guys!

Old 05-06-2015, 04:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Hi Bill and welcome to the community! Glad to have you here. Congrats on your A6, make sure to show it to us when you have a chance. This is the right place for any questions regarding your new car!

Old 05-06-2015, 09:21 PM
1st Gear

Oh..I have plenty of questions until the manuals show up.

Here it is..

Do the round fogs from the 4.2's provide more light?

Does the car automatically lock with central locking on?

Why aren't the floormats I ordered here yet...lol