New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convince the parents on an A4

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 09:40 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: Convince the parents on an A4

LOL, come on guys. Sure stick to the original problem at hand.

Old 03-26-2006, 03:23 AM
1st Gear

alright. well another aspect to my plan.... I know my dad likes working on cars and doing performance stuff. He is a complete car guy, and this would be good "father-son" bonding time.

Old 03-26-2006, 06:29 AM
5th Gear

Unless there is some serious cash being spent the mods you would be doing with your dad would probably be minimal cuz like the most common things like chips are done at a tuner, so now what you need to do is convince them to get the car then use the bonding time thing to get him to buy the big turbo so it goes fast

Old 03-26-2006, 08:25 PM
1st Gear

Yah, I kinda found that out after I posted it. But, still. It would be good time, making it look perfect!

Old 03-28-2006, 05:21 PM
1st Gear

Well I spent the first day of Spring Break compiling all of my Audi Vs. Jeep information. I have around 20 + pages of reasons that we should sell the jeep for the audi. They are mostly based on budget, and safety. I hope my plan works. I just have to wait for the right day when both parents are in great moods, then hand them my portfolio of audi information, pray, and hope that they buy into my plan.

The final math worked out that if I split the difference with my parents we will each pay $2500. If I sell my go-ped (which I bought myself) and my excess aquarium equipment, add in my spring break side jobs, and then tax refunds, I can bring my cost down to $1475, which is less than a new computer or bigger reef tank!!!

Wish me luck, and I hope to be like you all some day. (Summer???)

Billy

PS I know soo much about audis now it isn't even funny!

Old 04-01-2006, 08:11 AM
1st Gear

I want to wish you good luck. I wish I could get my parentals to purchase a car like that when I was in High School. Come to think of it, my parents never purchased a car for me, lol.

Old 04-01-2006, 07:00 PM
1st Gear

Hey welcome to the forums! Good luck pursuading the parents..

Old 04-01-2006, 07:50 PM
1st Gear

We'll it would be more of a family car that i'd kick in money for. All of our cars are for the family, I am just the only kid that is driving right now (oldest of 3). It would just replace the car that is mainly driven by myself.

For now I am taking a break on pursuing the audi. We have all five of our vehicles at home, so it would be too much stress to bring up the idea of getting another. We just brought our mustang out of storage, and that will fulfill my car addiction for the time being. I think if selling my mom's minivan goes well, that could lead to selling the jeep.

Thanks for all of the support! I hope this goes as planned.

Old 04-02-2006, 09:12 AM
5th Gear

LOL well good luck with the persuading man let us know if you guys get one

Old 04-02-2006, 03:13 PM

with all the time you have spent trying to convince your parents to spend their money on buying you another car (which to me seems a little ungrateful) you could've got yourself a job and started saving the money to buy a car yourself.

i'm glad my parents taught me to work for the things i want as i now have my very own (bought and paid for with my OWN money) Audi A4 avant 1.9 TDi SE. not exactly an RS4 but it's mine and i love it.

so come on man leave yer mum and dad alone and start working and paying for the things YOU want. look at it from their point of view, i mean would you really spend a load of money on something you would rarely get to use.

Quick Reply: Convince the parents on an A4